Regent Is Your Homeschool Partner
As one of the nation’s top-tier homeschool-friendly colleges, Regent University offers both on-campus and online college courses for homeschool students. We also offer scholarship awards for active members of the Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) or their dependents.
Many other homeschool transcript templates are available online as well as some very good record-keeping options that prepare transcripts for you for a small fee.
The homeschool transcript should:
- List all courses taken and dates completed.
- Have a cumulative GPA calculated on a 4-point scale.
- Include the graduation date only AFTER the student has graduated. Prior to graduation, an “anticipated graduation date” can be listed.
- Be kept in a safe place forever (OK, maybe not forever, but for the life of the student).
- Be signed and dated by the “School Principal.”
- Be mailed to the college in a sealed envelope with the principal’s signature over seal.
- Have the school name and address on the outside of the envelope.
Homeschool transcripts will be considered official when:
The signed transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope with the academic administrators (parent/guardian) signature over the seal of the envelope.
The signed transcript has been emailed directly from the academic administrators (parent/guardian) with an email chain/parents signature and explanation to verify that it came from the parent of the applicant.
The signed transcript has been faxed or emailed directly from the Homeschool administrator/ Guidance Counselor’s office to Enrollment Support Services, Transcript Request Department, or to the Regent Admissions Counselor. It must have a fax cover sheet or email chain to support this and must be added to the students file.