Regent University is one of the nation’s leading academic centers for Christian thought and action.
Founded in 1978, Regent University’s 11,000 students are studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Va., and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in more than 135 program areas including business, communication and the arts, cybersecurity and technology, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing and healthcare, and psychology. Regent University has consistently placed as one of the top colleges in the state of Virginia and, currently, Regent University tops the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia and is ranked among top national universities by U.S. News & World Report. Along with our commitment to academic excellence, what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
Regent University’s Ranking & Accolades
- Institutional Accreditation: Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University. Read more about accreditation.
- Regent University is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- The RN to B.S. in Nursing at Regent University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Regent University topped the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2020, for the eighth year in a row.
- Regent University ranked among the Top 5 Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2020. It has ranked among the top 5 for eight consecutive years.
- Regent University ranked #7 among the Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia and #3 among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in the state, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- Regent University is one of only 22 universities nationally “A” Rated for comprehensive liberal arts curriculum (American Council of Trustees and Alumni, 2020).
- Regent University’s School of Law is one of 20 law schools to receive an “A” rating for trial and litigation, PreLaw Magazine, 2019.
- Regent University School of Law’s Moot Court team was ranked #5 in the nation (2016) by the Annual Report of the University of Houston Law, placing above the University of Virginia, Baylor, Colombia and Duke.
- Regent School of Psychology & Counseling received a 100% match rate for fourth-year Psy.D. student internships in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, above the national average. In 2017 and 2019, all the sites were APA accredited.
- More than 850 School of Education alumni have been honored as Teachers of the Year.
- Regent’s School of Communication & the Arts has been the recipient of over 500 national and international student film awards.
- Regent University was recognized among Military Friendly Top 10 Schools and among the Top 5 Military Friendly Private Schools offering Doctorate by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- Regent University ranked among the Top 10 Best for Vets Colleges: Online & Nontraditional, according to Military Times, 2019.
- Regent University was “A” rated for campus safety by Niche, 2020. Learn more about the measures it takes to maintain campus security.
- Regent University’s beautiful 70-acre campus ranked in the Top 20 Best College Campuses in America (Niche, 2020) and Top 15 Most Beautiful Christian College & University Campuses in the World (Christian Universities Online, 2017).
- Top 5% Most Affordable Private Christian Universities (CCCU Tuition Survey, 2018).
- Regent University was named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) for the B.S. in Cybersecurity by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It is among only four percent of universities in the nation to receive this merit, NICE (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, 2018).
Leadership & Influence
When Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson, Regent founder and chancellor, established the university in 1978, he envisioned a high-caliber institution that would attract a leadership team that would be superior both in professional experience and academic credentials. Today, that vision is being fulfilled. Distinguished faculty and guest lecturers include John Ashcroft, former U.S. Attorney General; Vern Clark, former Chief of Naval Operations; Steve Forbes, president and CEO of Forbes, Inc. and Ehud Barak, former Israeli Prime Minister, among many others. Currently, 165 full-time and 465 part-time faculty members instruct and mentor students. Five of these faculty are Fulbright scholars. Regent University also exposes students to nationally covered events and speakers who are front and center on some of the most important issues of our time.
- Founded: 1978
- Unique campus culture: Top-quality academics within faith-based context
- Enrollment (Fall 2019): 10,400+
- Alumni (Summer 2019): 27,000+
- Graduates (2018-19): 2,165
- Degrees and programs: Over 135 graduate and undergraduate fields of study available on campus and online
- Student-to-Faculty ratio: 19 to 1
- Number of countries represented:76
- First-Class Guest Lodging: The Founders Inn and Spa sits adjacent to campus, within walking distance. Call 757.424.5511 and request a special Regent Student discount.
- Institutional Accreditation: Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University. Read more about accreditation.