Regent University is one of the nation’s leading academic centers for Christian thought and action.
With associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees available worldwide, we offer affordable, high-quality degree programs. But what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
Regent University’s Ranking & Accolades
- Regent University topped the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2018. It also ranked #1 among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia.
- Regent ranked #4 among the Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia and #3 among the Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in the state, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2018.
- Regent University is recognized nationally as one of only 24 universities in the U.S. to receive an “A” rating by ACTA for its comprehensive liberal arts curriculum.
- Regent is currently one of the fastest growing schools in the nation with a 14% growth in the past two years.
- Regent University School of Law has been recognized by the National Jurist, PreLaw Magazine, 2017, as a Top 20 Most Innovative Law School (Top 3 in Practical Training); a Top 15 Law School of Human Rights Law; and for having the Top 16 Trial Advocacy Curriculum in the nation.
- Regent University School of Law’s Moot Court team was ranked #5 in the nation (2016) by the Annual Report of the University of Houston Law, placing above the University of Virginia, Baylor, Colombia and Duke.
- Regent’s fourth-year Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) cohort got a 100% internship match rate with APA-accredited sites in 2017, according to the National Matching Service.
- More than 825 School of Education alumni have been honored as Teachers of the Year. The school has also yielded a 95 percent pass rate in the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regent’s School of Communication & the Arts has been the recipient of 445+ national and international film awards.
- Regent was recognized as the #1 Military Friendly School among Large Private Institutions, which have more than 10,000 students, by Military Friendly®. It also ranked as the #1 Military Spouse Friendly School among such institutions.
- Regent ranked #3 among the top Yellow Ribbon online schools 2017 according to Guide to Online Schools.
- Regent was named to G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazines’ 2017 list of Top 10 Military-Friendly Schools.
- Regent was “A” rated for safety and ranked among the top 5 safest college campuses in Virginia by NICHE 2018. Learn more about the measures it takes to maintain campus security.
- Regent’s beautiful 70-acre campus ranked #9 among the 25 Most Beautiful Christian Colleges & Universities in the South, 2017, according to Christian Universities Online.
Leadership & Influence
When Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson, Regent founder and chancellor, established the university in 1978, he envisioned a high-caliber institution that would attract a leadership team that would be superior both in professional experience and academic credentials. Today, that vision is being fulfilled. Distinguished faculty and guest lecturers include John Ashcroft, former U.S. Attorney General; Vern Clark, former Chief of Naval Operations; Steve Forbes, president and CEO of Forbes, Inc. and others. Regent also exposes students to nationally covered events and speakers who are front and center on some of the most important issues of our time.
- Founded: 1978
- Unique campus culture: Top-quality academics within faith-based context
- Enrollment (Fall 2017): 10,000+
- Alumni (Fall 2017): 23,000+
- Graduates (Spring 2017): 1,800
- Degrees and programs: 129 graduate and undergraduate fields of study available on campus and online
- Student-to-Faculty ratio: 19 to 1
- Number of countries represented: 89
- First-Class Guest Lodging: The Founders Inn and Spa sits adjacent to campus, within walking distance. Call 757.424.5511 and request a special Regent Student discount.