Regent University is one of the nation’s leading academic centers for Christian thought and action.
Founded in 1978, Regent University’s 11,000 students are studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Va., and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in more than 135 program areas including business, communication and the arts, cybersecurity and technology, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing and healthcare, and psychology.
Regent University has consistently placed as one of the top colleges in Virginia and, currently, it tops the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia and is ranked among top national universities by U.S. News & World Report. Along with our commitment to academic excellence, what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
Regent University’s Rankings
- Ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report for two consecutive years, 2019 and 2020.
- Ranked #1 among Best Accredited Schools for Online Degree Programs by Study.com, 2020.
- Topped the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2020, for the eighth year in a row.
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- Ranked among the Top 5 Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in Virginia for the last six years, U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- Ranked among the Top 5 Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia for eight consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- “A” rated for campus safety by Niche, 2020. Learn more about the measures Regent takes to maintain campus security.
- Beautiful 70-acre campus ranked in the Top 20 Best College Campuses in America by Niche, 2020, and Top 15 Most Beautiful Christian College & University Campuses in the World by Christian Universities Online, 2017.
- 8 Prestigious Accreditations: SACSCOC, CACREP, CAEP, ACBSP, APA, ABA, CCNE, ATS
- Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University. Read more about accreditation.
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best for Vets Colleges: Online & Nontraditional by Military Times, 2020. Also recognized as a Military Friendly Spouse School.
- Recognized among Military Friendly Top 10 Schools by Military Friendly®, 2020.
Financial Aid & Scholarship
- Regent granted over $24 million in institutional scholarships and aid for 2018-19.
- Ranked among the Top 5% Most Affordable Private Christian Universities, CCCU Tuition Survey, 2018.
Business & Leadership
- Regent University’s School of Business & Leadership programs were ranked among the Top 10 Best Online MBA Programs and Top 5 Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- Regent offered the first online Doctor of Strategic Leadership program, launched in 2001, and the first online Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, launched in 1995.
- 10 all-time and 7 current university presidents are among the School of Business & Leadership alumni.
College of Arts & Sciences
- Regent University’s College of Arts & Sciences ranked #1 for Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia, U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- One of only 22 universities nationally “A” Rated for comprehensive liberal arts curriculum, American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA), 2020.
Communication & the Arts
- Regent University’s School of Communication & the Arts has been the recipient of over 500 national and international student film awards.
- Ranked among the top 25 Best Online Communication Degrees, Intelligent, 2020.
- Regent University was named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) for the B.S. in Cybersecurity by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It is among leading universities in the nation to receive this merit (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, 2018).
- Offers hands-on training through a state-of-the-art cyber range, accessible in both on-campus and online offerings.
- Top 20 Best Cybersecurity Degree Programs by Intelligent, 2020.
- The Doctor of Ministry programs of Regent University’s School of Divinity were among the nation’s first ATS-approved online D.Min. programs.
- Top 5 Largest M.Div. Programs in the Nation Among all ATS-accredited Seminaries, ATS Annual Data, 2018-19.
- Regent University’s School of Education programs rank among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2020.
- More than 850 School of Education alumni have been honored as Teachers of the Year.
Healthcare Science & Nursing
- Regent University’s College of Healthcare Sciences & School of Nursing is built on knowledge and faith, together.
- The Baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Regent University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Ranked among the 25 Best Online Master’s: Healthcare Management, Best Value Schools, 2019.
- Regent University’s School of Law is among the Top 5 in Nation: Teaching Quality (Interesting Professors) and Top 7 in Nation: Professor Accessibility by Princeton Review, 2020.
- 20th in the Nation, Ultimate Bar Passage (97%), 2019. Highest overall bar passage rate among all eight Virginia law schools in both July 2017 and February 2018.
- One of 20 law schools to receive an “A” rating for trial and litigation, preLaw Magazine, 2019.
Psychology & Counseling
- Regent’s School of Psychology & Counseling received a 100% match rate for fourth-year Psy.D. student internships in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, above the national average. In 2017, 2019, and 2020, all the sites were APA accredited.
- Among the first Christian institutions uniquely offering both American Psychological Association (APA) and Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP) accredited programs.
Leadership & Influence
When Dr. M.G. “Pat” Robertson, Regent founder and chancellor, established the university in 1978, he envisioned a premier institution that would attract a leadership team superior both in professional experience and academic credentials. Today, that vision is being fulfilled. Distinguished faculty and guest lecturers have included John Ashcroft, former U.S. Attorney General; Vern Clark, former Chief of Naval Operations; Steve Forbes, president and CEO of Forbes, Inc. and Ehud Barak, former Israeli Prime Minister, among many others. Currently, 139 full-time and 667 part-time faculty members instruct and mentor students. Five of these faculty are Fulbright scholars. Regent University also exposes students to nationally covered events and speakers who are front and center on some of the most important issues of our time.
- Founded: 1978
- Unique campus culture: Top-quality academics within faith-based context
- Enrollment (Fall 2019): 10,400+
- Alumni (Summer 2020): 29,000+
- Graduates (2018-19): 2,165
- Degrees and programs: Over 135 graduate and undergraduate fields of study available on campus and online
- Student-to-Faculty ratio: 19 to 1
- Number of countries represented: 76
- First-Class Guest Lodging: The Founders Inn and Spa sits adjacent to campus, within walking distance. Call 757.424.5511 and request a special Regent Student discount.
- Institutional Accreditation: Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University. Read more about accreditation.