America’s Premier Christian University
Founded in 1977, Regent University’s 13,000 students are studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, VA., and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in 150+ areas of study including business, communication and the arts, cybersecurity and technology, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing and healthcare, and psychology.
Regent University has consistently placed as one of the top colleges in Virginia and, currently, it tops the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia and is ranked among top national universities by U.S. News & World Report. Along with our commitment to academic excellence, what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
REGENT UNIVERSITY’S RANKINGS
- Ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report for four years, 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023.
- Ranked among the Best Graduate Schools for 2023 by U.S. News & World Report for Law Schools; Social Science & Humanities Doctoral Programs – Psychology; Public Affairs; and Education.
- Ranked #1 among Best Accredited Schools for Online Degree Programs by Study.com, 2020.
- Topped the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2023, for the eleventh year in a row.
- Ranked #1 Online Christian College in America by BibleCollegeOnline, 2021.
- Ranked #1 Best Value College in Virginia by Best Value Schools, 2021.
- Ranked #1 Most Affordable College in Virginia by Student Loan Hero, a division of Lending Tree, 2021.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs for 2022 by Fortune. Regent’s online MBA program has also been ranked by Fortune at No. 1 for offering the best return on investment (ROI), 2023. Ranked among the Top 10 Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia for 9 years in a row by by U.S. News & World Report, 2015-2023; and ranked #31 among the Top Online MBA Programs for 2023 by The Princeton Review®.
- Ranked among the Top 5 Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in Virginia for the last nine years, U.S. News & World Report, 2015-2023.
- Ranked among the Top 5 Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia for 11 consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report, 2023.
- Among the Top 5 Safest College Campuses in Virginia, according to Niche, 2023. Ranked the #1 Safest College in Virginia and the #13 Safest College in the United States, 2021, by YourLocalSecurity. Learn more about the measures Regent takes to maintain campus security.
- Beautiful 70-acre campus ranked in the Top 15 Best College Campuses in America and the No. 1 Best College Dorms in Virginia by Niche, 2023.
- 8 Prestigious Accreditations: SACSCOC, CACREP, CAEP, ACBSP, APA, ABA, CCNE, ATS.
- Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University. Read more about accreditation.
- Recognized among Top 5 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2023-24. Also recognized as a Military Friendly® Spouse School, 2023-24.
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best for Vets Colleges: Primarily Online Education by Military Times, 2022.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Annual tuition over $25,000 less than that of other private institutions, 2022.
- Regent granted nearly $23 million in institutional scholarships and aid for 2021-22.
BUSINESS & LEADERSHIP
- Regent University’s School of Business & Leadership programs were ranked among the Top 10 Best Online MBA Programs and Top 5 Best Online Master’s in Business Programs (non-MBA) in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report for 9 years in a row, 2015-23.
- Regent offered the first online Doctor of Strategic Leadership program, launched in 2001, and the first online Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, launched in 1995.
- 10 all-time and 7 current university presidents are among the School of Business & Leadership alumni.
COLLEGE OF ARTS & SCIENCES
- Regent University’s College of Arts & Sciences programs ranked #1 for Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia for 11 years in a row, U.S. News & World Report, 2013-23.
- Regent is one of only 24 universities nationally with an “A” rating for challenging, comprehensive liberal arts curriculum – American Council of Trustees and Alumni.
COMMUNICATION & THE ARTS
- Regent University’s School of Communication & the Arts has been the recipient of over 700 local, national and international student film awards.
- Ranked among the Top 23 Best Master’s in Journalism Degree Programs, Intelligent, 2023.
- Offers training at the $35 Million Communication & Performing Arts Center.
- Regent University was named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) for the B.S. in Cybersecurity by the National Security Agency (NSA). It is among leading universities in the nation to receive this merit (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, 2018).
- Offers hands-on training through a state-of-the-art cyber range, accessible in both on-campus and online offerings.
- Ranked among the Best Online Cybersecurity Degree Programs for the B.S. in Cybersecurity by Intelligent, 2023.
- The Doctor of Ministry programs of Regent University’s School of Divinity were among the nation’s first ATS-approved online D.Min. programs.
- Top 3 Largest M.Div. Programs in the Nation Among all ATS-accredited Seminaries, ATS Annual Data, 2021-22.
- Ranked among the Top 20 Best Master’s in Ministry Degree Programs by Intelligent, 2021.
- Over 1,100 Regent University Robertson School of Government alumni occupy strategic service positions (e.g. White House, Depts. of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health & Human Services) throughout the U.S. and overseas.
- Ranked among the Top 21 Master’s in Public Policy Degree Programs: Most Military Friendly by Intelligent, 2023.
- Top 25 Best Online Master’s in Public Administration Programs, College Consensus, 2020.
HEALTHCARE SCIENCE & NURSING
- Regent University’s School of Nursing is built on knowledge and faith, together.
- The Baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Regent University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Ranked among the 25 Best Online Master’s: Healthcare Management, Best Value Schools, 2019.
- #2 Most Affordable RN to BSN Programs in Virginia, rntomsn.org.
- Regent Law ranked 125th in Best Law Schools Ranking, U.S. News & World Report, 2023-24.
- Regent University’s School of Law was ranked among the Best 168 Law Schools in 2023 by The Princeton Review.
- Ranked among the Top 21 Master’s in Legal Studies Degree Programs, Intelligent, 2023.
- 94% First-Time Bar Passage Rate, Uniform Bar Exam, July 2022. 100% Bar Passage Rate in 14 states, July 2022 Bar Exam.
PSYCHOLOGY & COUNSELING
- Regent’s School of Psychology & Counseling received a 100% match rate for fourth-year Psy.D. student internships for five consecutive years (2016-2021). In 2017, 2019, 2020, and 2021, all the sites were APA accredited.
- Among the first Christian institutions uniquely offering both American Psychological Association (APA) and Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP) accredited programs.
- Ranked the #2 Best Online Master’s Degrees in Christian Counseling by Study.com, 2021.
- Recognized among the Top 5 Best Master’s in Marriage & Family Therapy Degree Programs by Intelligent, 2021. Also ranked among the Top 10 Best Master’s in Human Services Degree Programs.