America’s Premier Christian University
Founded in 1978, Regent University’s 11,000 students are studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Va., and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in more than 150+ areas of study including business, communication and the arts, cybersecurity and technology, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing and healthcare, and psychology.
Regent University has consistently placed as one of the top colleges in Virginia and, currently, it tops the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia and is ranked among top national universities by U.S. News & World Report. Along with our commitment to academic excellence, what sets Regent apart is our mission to prepare men and women to excel both in mind and spirit. Our students, faculty and administrators share a calling, founded on biblical principles, to make a significant difference in our world.
REGENT UNIVERSITY’S RANKINGS
- Ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report for two consecutive years, 2019 and 2020.
- Ranked #1 among Best Accredited Schools for Online Degree Programs by Study.com, 2020.
- Topped the list of Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2021, for the ninth year in a row.
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2021. Recognized among the Top 50 Online MBA Programs in the nation by The Princeton Review, 2021.
- Ranked among the Top 5 Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in Virginia for the last seven years, U.S. News & World Report, 2021.
- Ranked among the Top 5 Best Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia for nine consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report, 2021.
- Among the Top 5 Safest College Campuses in Virginia, according to Niche, 2021. Learn more about the measures Regent takes to maintain campus security.
- Beautiful 70-acre campus ranked in the Top 15 Best College Campuses in America by Niche, 2021, and Top 15 Most Beautiful Christian College & University Campuses in the World by Christian Universities Online, 2017.
- 8 Prestigious Accreditations: SACSCOC, CACREP, CAEP, ACBSP, APA, ABA, CCNE, ATS
- Regent University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Regent University. Read more about accreditation.
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best for Vets Colleges: Online & Nontraditional by Military Times, 2020. Also recognized as a Military Friendly Spouse School.
- Recognized among Top 10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2021-22.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Annual tuition nearly $20,000 less than that of other private institutions, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2019-20.
- Regent granted over $24 million in institutional scholarships and aid for 2018-19.
- Ranked among the Top 5% Most Affordable Private Christian Universities, CCCU Tuition Survey, 2018.
BUSINESS & LEADERSHIP
- Regent University’s School of Business & Leadership programs were ranked among the Top 10 Best Online MBA Programs and Top 5 Best Online Graduate Business Programs (non-MBA) in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report, 2021.
- Regent offered the first online Doctor of Strategic Leadership program, launched in 2001, and the first online Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, launched in 1995.
- 10 all-time and 7 current university presidents are among the School of Business & Leadership alumni.
COLLEGE OF ARTS & SCIENCES
- Regent University’s College of Arts & Sciences ranked #1 for Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in Virginia, U.S. News & World Report, 2021.
- One of only 23 universities nationally “A” Rated for comprehensive liberal arts curriculum, American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA), 2020.
COMMUNICATION & THE ARTS
- Regent University’s School of Communication & the Arts has been the recipient of over 645 local, national and international student film awards.
- Ranked among Top 5 Best Master’s in Journalism Degree Programs, Intelligent, 2021.
- Regent University was named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) for the B.S. in Cybersecurity by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It is among leading universities in the nation to receive this merit (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education, 2018).
- Offers hands-on training through a state-of-the-art cyber range, accessible in both on-campus and online offerings.
- Top 20 Best Cybersecurity Degree Programs by Intelligent, 2020.
- Over 1,100 Regent University Robertson School of Government alumni occupy strategic service positions (e.g. White House, Depts. of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health & Human Services) throughout the U.S. and overseas.
- Top 25 Best Online Master’s in Public Administration Programs, College Consensus, 2020.
HEALTHCARE SCIENCE & NURSING
- Regent University’s College of Healthcare Sciences & School of Nursing is built on knowledge and faith, together.
- The Baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Regent University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Ranked among the 25 Best Online Master’s: Healthcare Management, Best Value Schools, 2019.
- Regent University’s School of Law is among the Top 5 in Nation: Teaching Quality (Interesting Professors) and Top 7 in Nation: Professor Accessibility by The Princeton Review, 2020.
- 20th in the Nation, Ultimate Bar Passage (97%), 2019. Highest overall bar passage rate among all eight Virginia law schools in both July 2017 and February 2018.
- One of 20 law schools to receive an “A” rating for trial advocacy, preLaw Magazine, Winter 2021.
PSYCHOLOGY & COUNSELING
- Regent’s School of Psychology & Counseling received a 100% match rate for fourth-year Psy.D. student internships in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, above the national average. In 2017, 2019, and 2020, all the sites were APA accredited.
- Among the first Christian institutions uniquely offering both American Psychological Association (APA) and Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP) accredited programs.