Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Regent University?
Regent University address:
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
What is Regent University
Regent University, founded in 1978, is a nationally ranked private, Christian liberal arts university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Both on-campus and completely online programs are available. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in more than 135 program areas.
Is Regent University a Good School? Where Does Regent Rank?
Regent University is a premier Christian university and one of the fastest growing. The university is listed among top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report‘s 2020 Best College review. Regent’s online bachelor’s program is top-rated in Virginia by USNWR.
The university is also in the top two percent of schools nationally to receive an “A” rating for its comprehensive undergraduate liberal arts curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni and is a top military-friendly university. The school’s online Education and Business programs also rank in the top 5 in Virginia by USNWR.
Is Regent University Accredited and Respected?
Regent University holds numerous accreditations from bodies including the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Specialty accreditations include American Bar Association (ABA), Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education Programs (CACREP), American Psychological Association (APA), The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Commission of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
How Much Does Regent University Cost?
Undergraduate block tuition for 12-18 credit hours was $17,220, for the 2019-20 school year. Undergraduate online tuition costs are $395 per credit hour. Students enrolled in 30 credit hours per year would pay $11,850 for tuition, plus fees.
On average, Regent annual on-campus, undergraduate tuition is $19,000 less than that of other private institutions.
Cost of attendance for graduate programs vary by program and degree level (master’s or doctoral).
Why Regent University
What if you could earn a better living and lead a life of purpose? Lack of education and credentials can stifle confidence and leave you feeling stuck. But Regent empowers students to change all that. By choosing Regent, you’re choosing a powerful combination of academic excellence, leadership focus and a foundation of faith that you can apply right away to your career and your everyday life.
- Choose from 135+ areas of study, including some of the most in-demand fields projected to grow over the next 10 years. Examples: nursing, education, analytics, accounting, computer science, business, engineering, cybersecurity, and more.
- Enjoy top-ranked academics guided by faculty who will help you grow in knowledge and faith, together.
- Join a powerful network of over 27,000 Regent alumni who are making a positive difference throughout the United States and in 135 other countries
- They work in 61% of Fortune top 100 companies including Amazon, Apple, Disney, HP, American Express, and many others.
- Nearly 1,000 are faculty and administrators in 438 colleges and universities around the world, with 10 of those serving as presidents.
- And 56 have served as judges.
- Regent University’s notable alumni include Cheryl McKay, M.A., Screenwriter & Book Author; Mark Batterson, D.Min., New York Times Best-Selling Author and Lead Pastor; Jay Sekulow, J.D., Ph.D., Chief Counsel – American Center for Law & Justice; and Charles Martin, Ph.D., New York Times Best-Selling Author.
With a Regent University education, you’re positioning yourself for greater possibilities, anchored in greater purpose. Christian Leadership to Change the World.