Vision & Mission
A Leading Global Christian University
From its inception, Regent University’s focus has been on transforming the world. The motto of the school, Christian Leadership to Change the World, points to our desire to impact lives across the globe. Regent is accomplishing this vision by consistently delivering excellent graduate and undergraduate programs both online and on campus in order to prepare Christian leaders for lives of significant purpose and service. With the university’s stature as an institution of excellence ever-increasing, we humbly but expectantly move to an even higher level of academic quality and global influence.
Our vision is to be the most influential, Christian, transformational university in the world.
Regent University serves as a center of Christian thought and action to provide excellent education through a biblical perspective and global context equipping Christian leaders to change the world.
These values are central to Regent and have guided it since its founding: Excellence, Innovation & Integrity
Regent University is a Christ-centered institution. The board of trustees, along with the faculty and staff of the university, is committed to an evangelical interpretation and application of the Christian faith. The campus community is closely identified with the present-day renewal movement, which emphasizes the gifts, fruit and ministries of the Holy Spirit. All employees are expected to understand and adhere to the following articles of belief:
- That the Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That man was created in the image of God but, as a result of sin, is lost and powerless to save himself.
- That the only hope for man is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the virgin-born Son of God, who died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead so that by receiving Him as Savior and Lord, man is redeemed by His blood.
- That Jesus Christ will personally return to earth in power and glory.
- That the Holy Spirit indwells those who receive Christ for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and holy lives.
- That the Church is the Body of Christ and is composed of all those who through belief in Christ have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The mission of the Church is worldwide evangelism and the nurturing and discipling of Christians.
To discern the key components driving every decision made on behalf of Regent, review the university’s foundational commitments — a combination of our accreditation principles and our cultural distinctives.
Regent will unswervingly maintain a Christ-centered course, founded and propelled on biblical principles and fully promoting Christian leadership among its staff, faculty and students.
First-Rate Academic Programs
Regent will develop and maintain challenging programs that prepare students in a timely fashion with marketable skills through innovative residency and online programs.
Regent will develop and build strong multifaceted programs that attract faculty, staff and students from many cultures and ethnic backgrounds, which are committed to our global mission and statement of faith, who value a collegial atmosphere and who embrace diverse perspectives as framed by our common core values and statement of faith.
Premier education demands that student learning be the primary emphasis of the university mission. Regent will maintain that emphasis by providing the most effective, forward-thinking instruction provided through innovative delivery systems that meet the lifestyle of both traditional students and working adults.
Regent will provide exemplary physical, social and online environments which promote high morale and increased productivity throughout the Regent community. By maintaining high-caliber employees and providing ongoing development activities, the university will ensure that it fully promotes Regent’s mission among faculty and staff, for the good of each students and the cause of Christ.
Regent recognizes the significant role of technology in education and will provide apt resources to promote the highest quality in every aspect of the university administration and program delivery.