Professional Development Courses
Satisfy licensure or recertification requirements, and improve content knowledge and teaching practices.
Professional Development for Graduate Credit courses offer the opportunity for the majority of the School of Education's master's level coursework—and selected offerings from our post-master's coursework—to be taken by those not already enrolled in one of our degree programs at a reduced tuition rate of $200 per credit hour.
Courses are offered in a variety of formats including online, on-campus and hybrid. Explore our opportunities below.
- TESOL Certificate/Endorsement (15-18 credits) - Register Now
- Autism Certificate (12 credits) - Register Now
- Christian Education Certificate (9 credits) Register Now
- Advancing Leadership Certificate (8 credits) - Register Now
- Gifted and Talented Education (17 credits) - Register Now
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Certificate (10 credits) - Register Now
- Martinson Center for Math and Science (1-3 credits)
- ACSI Certification Courses (3 credits)
- Professional License Renewal
- The School of Education offers course work that may be used for licensure renewal. Three semester hours of acceptable college credit—as defined by your school division—may be used to obtain a minimum of 90 renewal points. For details on the licensure renewal process, visit the Virginia Department of Education's Virginia Licensure Renewal Manual.
- Other individual course options
- School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) Test Preparation (2 credits) Register Now
- Pathway to a Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Up to 9 credits can be taken for graduate credit at a reduced tuition rate and transferred into a degree-seeking program in any of the following areas:
Note: PL students are not eligible to register for courses in the following programs - Career Switcher, Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Note: PL students are not eligible to register for courses in the following programs: Career Switcher, B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies, M.Ed. Individualized with Educational Therapy (NILD Coursework), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
Professional Development Department