Satisfy licensure or recertification requirements, and improve content knowledge and teaching practices.
Professional Development for graduate credit courses offers the opportunity for the majority of the School of Education's master's-level coursework — and selected offerings from our post-master's coursework — to be taken by those not already enrolled in one of our degree programs at a reduced tuition rate of $200 per credit hour.
Courses are offered in a variety of formats including online, on-campus and hybrid. Explore our opportunities below.
- Martinson Center for Math and Science (1-3 credits)
- ACSI Certification Courses (3 credits)
- Professional License Renewal
- The School of Education offers course work that may be used for licensure renewal. Three semester hours of acceptable college credit—as defined by your school division — may be used to obtain a minimum of 90 renewal points. For details on the licensure renewal process, visit the Virginia Department of Education's Virginia Licensure Renewal Manual.
- Other individual course options
- School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) Test Preparation (2 credits) Register Now
- Pathway to a Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Up to 9 credits can be taken for graduate credit at a reduced tuition rate and transferred into a degree-seeking program in any of the following areas:
Note: PL students are not eligible to register for courses in the following programs – Career Switcher, Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Course Schedule & Descriptions
View course availability by visiting the Graduate School of Education course schedule. Course descriptions are available in the University catalog.
Note: PL students are not eligible to register for courses in the following programs: Career Switcher, B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies, M.Ed. Individualized with Educational Therapy (NILD Coursework), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
Professional Development Department