Certificate in the Law & Higher Education
The Law & Higher Education Certificate is an online program designed for higher education administrators who desire to learn more about important legal considerations. You will inform your professional practice as you study constitutional and contract law as you create a foundation upon which to understand higher education law, whether for public or private institutions.
- Complete nine credit hours in as little as 16 weeks.
- Master topics including contracts, constitutional law & policy, and the law & governance of higher education.
- Students may begin in spring, summer or fall semesters.
This certificate may help advance your career in teaching and administration by equipping you as an expert in your field.
Please complete the Request Information form on this page to learn more about this program.
2022-23 Semester Check-In Deadlines
All new students are expected to check-in for the semester two weeks before the session start date. Students should apply, be accepted, enroll in their first courses, and confirm a plan to pay for their courses prior to this date.
|Session||Semester Check-In||Session Start Date|
|Session A||Friday, August 12||Monday, August 22|
|Session M||Friday, September 9||Monday, September 19|
|Session B||Friday, October 14||Monday, October 24|
|Session C||Wednesday, January 4||Monday, January 9|
|Session T||Friday, January 27||Monday, February 6|
|Session D||Friday, March 3||Monday, March 13|
|Session E||Friday, April 28||Monday, May 8|
|Session F||Friday, June 9||Monday, June 19|
Application Process – Law & Higher Education Certificate
- Submit your online application. Please apply for Graduate level, then choose Online, Desired Program: Certificate of Graduate Studies in Education, Major: Law & Higher Learning Certificate. Indicate the term you want to begin the course and Part-time.
- Provide your unofficial college transcripts. We require an official transcript indicating successful completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Regent has partnered with DocuSign to offer a secure, electronic way for your previous college transcripts to be delivered on your behalf once you have registered for your first semester.
- If you have an unofficial copy of your college transcripts, please email those to email@example.com using the subject line: EDU Certificate Application Pieces.
- If you are an international student, or you earned college credit at non-US institutions, please submit your transcripts for a third-party course-by-course evaluation. Learn more and find recommended agencies.
|Certificate||Tuition Cost Per Credit Hour||Total Credits||Tuition Cost for Certificate|
|Certificate in the Law & Higher Education||$250||9||$2,250|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Autism||$250||12||$3,000|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Christian Education||$250||9||$2,250|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in eLearning Design||$250||10||$2,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Gifted & Talented Education for Teachers||$250||12-14||$3,000-$3,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)||$250||10||$2,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in TESOL – Adult Education-Collegiate||$250||15-18||$3,750-$4,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in TESOL – K-12||$250||15||$3,750|
|Post-Master's Certificate in Advancing Leadership (CAL)||$250||9||$2,250|
Student Fees Per Semester
|University Services Fee (Online Students)||$700|
|Library Orientation||$50 (one-time)|
*Rates are subject to change at any time.
Estimated Cost of Attendance: View the estimated cost of attendance to see an example of the total cost of tuition and fees.