Certificate of Graduate Studies in TESOL – K-12
The Certificate of Graduate Studies in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) with a concentration in K-12, offered online, will prepare you to work with nonnative English speakers in their communities or abroad. Presented from a Christian worldview, this concentration equips currently licensed teachers with foundational understandings and practical strategies for serving the needs of English language learners ranging from kindergarten to high school. This certificate may also help advance your career in teaching and/or administration by positioning you as an expert in this vitally important field. To discuss this program with an admissions counselor by phone or in-person in Virginia Beach, call 888.713.1595.
- Gain foundational understandings in linguistics, second language acquisition, literacy, methodology, and assessment.
- Learn strategies and best practices for instruction and assessment of English language learners.
- Apply skills in alignment with the WIDA and TESOL English language proficiency standards.
- Learn from the #1 Best TESOL Program in Virginia, as recognized by PLEXUSS, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Please complete the Request Information form on this page to learn more about this program.
- ESL/ESOL Teacher
- ESL/ESOL Administrator
- Teacher or administrator in international contexts
Note: In Virginia and many other states, currently licensed teachers can obtain an additional endorsement in ESL by earning a passing score on the ESOL Praxis II. The Regent TESOL certificate with a concentration in K-12 addresses all of the areas covered on this important assessment. For information, please consult your state department of education, as well as the Educational Testing Services website.
2022-23 Semester Check-In Deadlines
All new students are expected to check-in for the semester two weeks before the session start date. Students should apply, be accepted, enroll in their first courses, and confirm a plan to pay for their courses prior to this date.
|Session||Semester Check-In||Session Start Date|
|Session A||Friday, August 12||Monday, August 22|
|Session M||Friday, September 9||Monday, September 19|
|Session B||Friday, October 14||Monday, October 24|
|Session C||Wednesday, January 4||Monday, January 9|
|Session T||Friday, January 27||Monday, February 6|
|Session D||Friday, March 3||Monday, March 13|
|Session E||Friday, April 28||Monday, May 8|
|Session F||Friday, June 9||Monday, June 19|
You must submit a current copy of your teaching license with your admissions application.
Application Process – TESOL Certificate
- Submit your online application. Please apply for Graduate level, then choose Online, Desired Program: Certificate of Graduate Studies in Education, Major: TESOL – K-12 Certificate. Indicate the term you want to begin the course and Part-time.
- Provide your unofficial college transcripts. We require an official transcript indicating successful completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Regent has partnered with DocuSign to offer a secure, electronic way for your previous college transcripts to be delivered on your behalf once you have registered for your first semester.
If you have an unofficial copy of your college transcripts, please email those to email@example.com using the subject line: EDU Certificate Application Pieces.
If you are an international student, or you earned college credit at non-US institutions, please submit your transcripts for a third-party course-by-course evaluation. Learn more and find recommended agencies.
Note: A copy of your current teaching license is required.
Note: All items submitted as part of the application process become the property of Regent University and cannot be returned.
|Certificate||Tuition Cost Per Credit Hour||Total Credits||Tuition Cost for Certificate|
|Certificate in the Law & Higher Education||$250||9||$2,250|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Autism||$250||12||$3,000|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Christian Education||$250||9||$2,250|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in eLearning Design||$250||10||$2,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Gifted & Talented Education for Teachers||$250||12-14||$3,000-$3,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)||$250||10||$2,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in TESOL – Adult Education-Collegiate||$250||15-18||$3,750-$4,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in TESOL – K-12||$250||15||$3,750|
|Post-Master's Certificate in Advancing Leadership (CAL)||$250||9||$2,250|
Student Fees Per Semester
|University Services Fee (Online Students)||$700|
|Library Orientation||$50 (one-time)|
*Rates are subject to change at any time.
Estimated Cost of Attendance: View the estimated cost of attendance to see an example of the total cost of tuition and fees.