Top Military-Friendly Christian University
Since 2010 Regent University has been named a Top Military-Friendly University by G.I. Jobs Magazine and Military Advanced Education. Regent also is a fully accredited Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) and participating institution in the Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU) offering online and on-campus classes. We also participate in the VA Principles of Excellence program, as well as the U.S. Department of Educations' 8 Keys to Veterans Success. Behind these important accolades is a team dedicated to putting a high-quality, high-value Christian degree program easily into the hands of our nation’s armed forces members, whether you are active duty, Reserve, National Guard, veteran, or family member.
Regent University will be honoring those who served our country honorably in the Armed Forces with Military and Veteran Honor Cords to wear at graduation commencement.
Eligible graduates for the honor cord should be honorably discharged student veterans, active duty Servicemembers or ROTC commissioning officers.
- Active Duty Service Members
- National Guard
- Air Guard
- Honorably Discharged Veterans
- ROTC Commissioning Officers
These red, white and blue cords are a special recognition to show our gratitude and respect for the men and women who have made sacrifices to both their country and a firm commitment to their education.
This is a voluntary recognition. Students and faculty attending graduation must RSVP with the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs to pick up a cord. The honor cords will be provided at no cost to eligible students and faculty.
Sign up to receive notification on cord distribution dates:
- If you are an eligible student planning on graduating during the May Commencement ceremony, submit your information to Jose Roman Assistant Director, Office of Military and Veterans Affairs. Your email should be titled HONOR CORD – May Commencement.
- Included in the HONOR CORD – May Commencement E-mail should be:
- First Name, Last Name
- Military Status
- (Commissioning Officer, Veteran, Guard, Reservist, or Active Currently Serving)
- Military Affiliation
- Air Force
If you have applied for graduation and are one of the following:
- Honorably discharged Student Veteran
- Currently serving military student (Active, Guard, Reserves)
- Commissioning ROTC Officer
What we need to verify status
- DD-214 or valid military ID card
Where/when to pick up cords?
- Cord pick-up locations to be announced via email during 2016.
Regent is in the top 7 percent of most-affordable private Christian universities in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) for bachelor’s programs and offers excellent military and spouse financial aid, which could mean little to no out-of-pocket costs. Regent military benefits include the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Yellow Ribbon Program and other military discounts, such as:
- Undergraduate Military Discounts
- Tuition rate of $250 per credit hour (Active Duty / Veterans)
- $100 book credit per semester (Active Duty / Veterans)
- Spouse and dependent discounts
- Graduate Military Discounts
- 25% tuition reduction for Active Duty / Veterans
- 15% tuition reduction for Spouses of Active Duty
- Memorandum of Understanding with U.S. Army Command & General Staff College, Joint Forces Staff College, Defense Information School, Defense Acquisition University, and Army Logistics University which provide graduates with graduate advanced standing or undergraduate transfer credit.
- NOAA and USPHS Current and Former Officers
2015 U.S. News & World Report Veteran Rankings
- #10 Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- #19 Best Online Graduate Education Programs for Veterans
- #69 Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans
2016 U.S. News & World Report Veteran Rankings
Ready to Visit Campus?
Contact: Military & Veterans Affairs
Direct Office: 888.638.3573
Discover Our Partnerships
Kimberly Miller, Military Veteran
"GI Bill®" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.