Certificate of Graduate Studies in Autism
The Certificate of Graduate Studies in Autism is an online certificate of 12 credit hours that addresses the increasing demand for educators trained to work with autistic children entering the classroom. This coursework is ideal for anyone who is not a degree-seeking student and may also be pursued as part of the M.Ed. K-12 Special Education and Individualized programs.
- Gain an overview of autism and how to identify and assess autism spectrum disorders.
- Design and partially implement a behavioral and academic program as you learn methods of effectively teaching autistic students.
- Complete a practicum project with an autistic student in which you will create an IEP and write a Present Level of Performance and Objectives.
This certificate may help advance your career in teaching and administration by equipping you as an expert in your field.
Note: this is a certificate and not an endorsement from the Virginia Department of Education.
2023-24 Semester Check-In Deadlines
All new students are expected to check-in for the semester two weeks before the session start date. Students should apply, be accepted, enroll in their first courses, and confirm a plan to pay for their courses prior to this date.
|Session||Semester Check-In||Session Start Date|
|Session A||Friday, August 11||Monday, August 21|
|Session M||Friday, September 8||Monday, September 18|
|Session B||Friday, October 13||Monday, October 23|
|Session C||Thursday, January 4||Monday, January 8|
|Session T||Friday, January 26||Monday, February 5|
|Session D||Friday, March 1||Monday, March 11|
|Session E||Friday, April 26||Monday, May 6|
|Session F||Friday, June 7||Monday, June 17|
Application Process – Autism Certificate
- Submit your online application. Please apply for Graduate level, then choose Online, Desired Program: Certificate of Graduate Studies in Education, Major: Autism Certificate. Indicate the term you want to begin the course and Part-time.
- Provide your unofficial college transcripts. We require an official transcript indicating successful completion of a bachelor’s degree program. Regent has partnered with DocuSign to offer a secure, electronic way for your previous college transcripts to be delivered on your behalf once you have registered for your first semester.
- If you have an unofficial copy of your college transcripts, please email those to email@example.com using the subject line: EDU Certificate Application Pieces.
- If you are an international student, or you earned college credit at non-US institutions, please submit your transcripts for a third-party course-by-course evaluation. Learn more and find recommended agencies.
|Certificate||Tuition Cost Per Credit Hour||Total Credits||Tuition Cost for Certificate|
|Certificate in the Law & Higher Education||$250||9||$2,250|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Autism||$250||12||$3,000|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Christian Education||$250||9||$2,250|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in eLearning Design||$250||10||$2,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Gifted & Talented Education for Teachers||$250||12-14||$3,000-$3,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)||$250||10||$2,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in TESOL – Adult Education-Collegiate||$250||15-18||$3,750-$4,500|
|Certificate of Graduate Studies in TESOL – K-12||$250||15||$3,750|
|Post-Master's Certificate in Advancing Leadership (CAL)||$250||9||$2,250|
Student Fees Per Semester
|University Services Fee (Online Students)||$700|
|Library Orientation||$50 (one-time)|
*Rates are subject to change at any time.