Communication Degree Educational Goals
Students will be able to:
- Develop and present a Christian worldview as applied to the field of communication and human relationships.
- Analyze and practice good communication behavior--verbal and non-verbal, vocal and non-vocal.
- Categorize and utilize varying levels of human communication from interpersonal (audience of one) communication to mass (audience of many) communication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultures and differences among specific cultures, including consideration of the effect of culture on interpersonal communication, small group communication, and organizational communication.
- Determine the acceptable message development to varying audiences using the selection of the appropriate medium.
- Apply communication theory to a given communication situation.
- Criticize - aesthetically, rhetorically, ethically--varying forms and content of human communication.
- Describe and apply the concepts of creativity and innovation to the field of communication.