The Best MBA Concentrations for Your Career
Getting an advanced degree can be a real career changer, allowing you to shape and influence the processes and practices within your sector. Also, earning a graduate degree can be financially rewarding. For these two reasons alone, it is vital to weigh your options carefully, particularly as you realize that the number of MBA specializations is boundless. As you survey your options, be sure to reflect on:
- Your dominant skills and assets
- Areas you wish to develop or expand upon
- Your business and community values and passions
Make a few notes along the way! This can really help your decision-making.
Jobs Data About the Best MBA Concentrations
More than 25 MBA specializations are commonly offered. Each has emerged because of the ever-evolving complexity within economic sectors. Just think of the rapidly growing influence of technology on healthcare, marketing and cybersecurity, to name a few.
Let’s focus on a sample of career opportunities for individuals with MBAs:
- Computer and Information Systems Managers are expected to see an 11% growth in employment by 2028 – much higher than the average.
- Medical and Health Services Managers are looking at an 18% increase in jobs in this timeframe.
- Another occupation expected to experience a rapid 16% growth rate is that belonging to Financial Managers.
- If you have strong analytical and math skills, look at the 20% growth rate for Market Research Analysts.
Best Paying MBA Majors
The job site Monster reports that these are the best paying MBA areas of specialization. Check out the top MBA majors by average annual salary.
- Strategy – $127,000
- Technology Management – $113,000
- Entrepreneurship – $106,000
- Finance – $103,000
- General business – $99,900
- Economics – $97,400
- Marketing – $95,500
What MBA Concentration is Right for You?
When considering which MBA concentration is right for you, take into account your career path and employment history thus far. If you’ve enjoyed working in a specific area of business, such as marketing or strategy, then consider looking into these MBA concentrations.
Regent University Offers You Many of the Top 25 Online MBA Concentrations
Regent offers several in-demand concentrations, such as:
- Marketing—Study and apply strategies for commercial and social marketing success.
- Innovation Management—Be a true innovator who encourages an atmosphere that promotes creativity and informed risk-taking.
- Entrepreneurship—Embrace the ability to work independently as well as within a group, assuring that ethical and legal standards are addressed amidst growth and change.
- Accounting—Assure that an enterprise’s financial methodology is safe, secure, and meets ever-evolving federal, state, and local regulations.
- Healthcare Management—Shape healthcare of the future while leading that of today, guiding practice from hospital to home.
- Human Resources—Promote an environment that fosters employee well-being and retention, resulting in quality outcomes that positively affect the bottom line.
- Not-for-Profit Management—Contribute to this highly rated sector’s progress.
- See the full list of concentrations here: regent.edu/mba.
The Regent Approach That Leads to Your Success
The Regent University MBA offers you online and on-campus options with the ability to work toward degree completion as a full-time or part-time student. You’ll receive guidance for how to use principled leadership to shape and influence positive business change. And, you can also take advantage of our highly popular Executive Mentor Program.
Our MBA program can help you to:
- Actualize an entrepreneurial focus that is needed for workplace innovation and well informed risk-taking and management.
- Design business and social marketing strategies that address a variety of consumer needs, from local to global marketplaces.
- Assess and develop operations in diverse settings, working toward quality outcomes for customers at the community and worldwide levels.
- Apply sound accounting and finance principles and processes that promote quality improvement in a wide variety of settings.
Let Us Know When You Are Ready to Take Your Next Step
Did learning about the best MBA concentrations spark a fire in you? Regent’s ACBSP-accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, offered online and on campus in Virginia Beach, is designed for today’s professional who operates in a global and rapidly changing environment. Discover data-driven approaches to problem solving and explore all of our MBA concentrations.
Regent University’s admissions counselors are ready to answer questions and help you work through financial aid so you can move ahead in this promising field. Whether you’re ready to take the leap, or simply want some more information, you can reach them at 866.402.9938.