Honors College Admissions
How do I apply?
Apply for Admission to Regent University
Apply for Admission to the Honors College
Reserve Your Spot at Honors Bound—Register for College Preview Weekend!
Honors College applicants who have already been accepted to the Honors College need to register for College Preview Weekend by October 20th to attend Honors Bound: The Honors College Scholarship Competition. The event is optional for students who have been accepted but required to become eligible for the Honors College Full-Tuition scholarship. Honors Bound will also include a networking breakfast with current students and faculty.
What is the deadline to apply to the Honors College?
The deadlines to apply to Regent University and the Honors College—listed below—are separate from the deadlines to participate in Honors Bound.
May 1, 2024* | Deadline to Apply to the Honors College
**If you are invited to attend the Honors Bound event, it is highly recommended that you RSVP within 24-48 hours, as spots are limited
To be eligible to attend an Honors Bound event, applications must be submitted by the application deadline listed for the preferred Honors Bound event date.
When will I find out if I am admitted into the Honors College?
Students can expect invitations to RSVP to the Honors Bound event to be sent out 2-3 weeks after a completed Honors College application has been submitted. Students admitted into the Honors College will be notified of their acceptance and any additional scholarships they may be awarded roughly 2-3 weeks after participating in the Honors Bound event. If you have any questions, please contact our Office of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com or 757.352.4960.
Application to the Honors College does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Regent reserves the right to make all decisions regarding Honors College invitations and scholarship awards. Once scholarship awards are made, decisions are final, and the criteria used to make scholarship decisions will remain confidential.
- You must apply for admission to Regent University’s College of Arts & Sciences and to the Honors College.
- You must be a high school senior to apply to the Honors College.
- You must have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.7 or higher. Students with a GPA lower than the criteria may be considered in combination with other admissions requirements.
- You must submit an ACT, SAT, or CLT test score and qualify for the President’s Booster Merit Scholarship.
- You must meet all Honors College application and RSVP deadlines.
What are the desired qualities of an Honors Student?
Students applying for The Honors College should exhibit:
- Teachability: A desire to learn and be mentored, which is rooted in the acknowledgment of God as Creator, Sustainer and Source of Wisdom, and expressed in humility.
- Intentionality: A commitment to cultivate character, a sense of duty, studiousness, as well as the ability to anticipate future needs and challenges.
- Integrative Thinking: A capacity to think creatively within and across the academic disciplines while integrating God’s truth into all fields of knowledge and areas of one’s life.