FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How Do I Apply?
- Apply for admission and be accepted to Regent University’s College of Arts & Sciences for an on-campus undergraduate program for the Fall semester.
- Apply separately to The Honors College*
- Complete a phone interview with an Honors College Admissions Counselor.
- Honors College applicants selected to interview for admission will be invited to RSVP to an Honors Bound: Honors College Interview & Scholarship Competition event.
REQUIRED ESSAYS FOR THE HONORS COLLEGE APPLICATION:
Essay 1 | Write an essay (400-600 words) on the following:
“Describe a time you faced a great deal of criticism from an authority figure in your life. How did you handle this situation and what impact did it have on your life? Did you accept, reject or modify this criticism in your life and how did you use this situation to improve?”
What is the Deadline to Apply to The Honors College?
Honors College applications can be submitted from September – March. Participation in an Honors Bound event is required for acceptance into The Honors College.
To be eligible to attend an Honors Bound event, applications must be submitted by the application deadline listed for the preferred Honors Bound event date.
When will I find out if I am admitted into The Honors College?
The selection committee will be reviewing applications from September – March and inviting students to RSVP for any upcoming Honors Bound events. Students can expect invitations to RSVP to an Honors Bound event to be sent out 2-3 weeks after a completed Honors College application has been submitted.
Students admitted into The Honors College will be notified of their acceptance and any additional scholarships they may be awarded roughly 2-3 weeks after their participation in an Honors Bound event.
Regent reserves the right to make all decisions relative to Honors College invitations and scholarship awards. Once scholarship awards are made, decisions are final and criteria used to make scholarship decisions will remain confidential. Application to The Honors College does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
What are the Desired Qualities of an Honors Student?
Students applying for the Honors College should exhibit:
- Teachability: A desire to learn and be mentored, which is rooted in the acknowledgment of God as Creator, Sustainer and Source of Wisdom, and expressed in humility.
- Intentionality: A commitment to cultivate character, a sense of duty, studiousness, as well as the ability to anticipate future needs and challenges.
- Integrative Thinking: A capacity to think creatively within and across the academic disciplines while integrating God’s truth into all fields of knowledge and areas of one’s life.