Non-degree Admissions Process
The School of Business & Leadership provides the opportunity for individuals to take Non-Degree courses to satisfy continuing education requirements and to sample Regent's master's level programs. Graduate applicants desiring to enroll in courses who do not intend to obtain a degree may be accepted on non-degree status. Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid and may enroll in courses on a space-available basis only. Non-degree students are limited to a maximum of 18 credits and must maintain a 3.0 minimum GPA. Academic probation and dismissal policies apply to non-degree students. NOTE: the University may not have authorization from the U.S. government to issue non-degree I-20s to non U.S. citizens until the Spring 2013 or Fall 2013 semesters.
Admission requirements include:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- Maturity in spiritual and/or character qualities.
- Personal goals consistent with the mission and goals of Regent University.
To be considered for admission as a non-degree student at Regent University the following items must be submitted:
- Regent University Application (www.regent.edu/apply);
- Nonrefundable application fee;
- A transcript confirming the applicant's attainment of at least a bachelor's degree and the required grade point average from a regionally accredited institution. The official transcript is preferred but a copy will be accepted for non-degree status. International applicants are required to provide official evaluations of college credit from evaluation agencies recognized by Regent University, which will require official transcripts.
- Signed Community Life Form, which includes the Nondiscriminatory Policy and Standard of Personal Conduct;
- One general recommendation (clergy, faculty or employer);
- One interview with a representative of the desired school.
Non-degree students may apply for degree status through the admissions office and if admitted use the non-degree credits toward the degree. The applicant must meet all deadlines set forth in this policy and submit all official transcripts and any additional material required for degree status. The Admissions Committee will consider the application in the same way it would for a new applicant.
Feel free to contact the Admissions Team with any questions related to Non-Degree Applications at 757.352.4400 or email@example.com.