Doctoral Degree Application Requirements
Fall: June 1 | Spring: October 1* | Summer: March 1
*Or until the cohort is full. To determine if space is available, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757.352.4550.
When applying to the Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership or the Doctor of Strategic Leadership programs, the admissions committee, comprised of several faculty members, will use a rubric to independently evaluate and score each of the following criteria:
- Academic achievement in bachelor's and master's programs
- Writing quality
- Alignment of personal goals to Ph.D. or DSL outcomes
- Number of years in leadership positions
- Leadership impact
- Number of leadership positions held
Applicants to our doctoral degree programs must have earned a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or an equivalent degree from a foreign institution, as evaluated by a credential evaluating agency.
All application materials must be received by the deadline for the semester to which you are applying. Once you have fulfilled your application requirements, you may be contacted for an admissions interview, which is by invitation only.
Doctoral Application Process
1. Attend an Event (Optional)
Attend a Graduate School of Business & Leadership on-campus or online information session to learn how to streamline your application process, discover financial aid resources, and waive your $50 application fee.
2. Complete Your University Application
Begin your online application by creating a login ID and six-digit PIN to access our Genisys student information system. The login ID and PIN allow you to save your application so you can view or edit it at a later date.
3. Pay Your $50 Application Fee
Your application will be fully processed once we have received your application fee. For your convenience, you may pay your non-refundable application fee online or by mail using a check.
4. Provide Your Official College Transcripts
An official transcript from each institution you have attended is required. Use our Transcript Request Form to have Regent University obtain your official college transcripts for you.
5. Send Your Professional Resume
Provide an updated copy of your professional resume or curriculum vitae that includes:
- Employment history with details of leadership responsibilities, skill sets and results — the committee looks at both quantity and quality of responsibilities
- School, community and church leadership positions — the committee looks at both quantity and quality of positions
- Service activities in which you have been involved
- Academic and non-academic honors and distinctions you have received
Your resume should be emailed directly to the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
7. Provide an Additional Writing Sample
Writing samples play an important role in helping the Admissions Committee evaluate a doctoral applicant's research, writing and analytical and problem-solving skills. Your writing sample should be emailed directly to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to adhere to our writing sample guidelines.