Military Dependent & Spouse Benefits
As a military-supportive school, Regent University recognizes that military spouses are the "heroes at home" who love and support our service men and women defending our precious freedom. We are proud and honored to support the education of our military spouses as a Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) school. All of Regent's eight schools offer a military spouse discount, up to 25%. Please contact your individual school's admissions office for further information.
College of Arts & Sciences (Undergraduate)
Regent University offers military students and their families pursuing an associate's or bachelor's degree in the College of Arts & Sciences significant tuition discounts. Review the chart below to learn more:
|Military Spouse & Dependent Award||On-campus, Full-Semester (16 week) students||Spouses & dependent children of active duty & veteran service members||
2014-2015: $1,000 annually, split evenly between fall and spring semesters. Requires full-time enrollment (12+ credit hours per semester) for disbursement. This award is not available during summer semesters.
|8-week on-campus or online students||Spouses & dependent children of active duty & veteran service members||
Receive $250 each semester in which the student enrolls at least half-time (fall, spring, and/or summer).
* Flat dollar amount and not "per credit hour"
Note: All CAS Awardees must maintain Good Academic Standing (GPA = 2.0 or higher) to continue receiving tution discounts.
Each graduate school within Regent University offers its own military scholarship award program for military students and their families pursuing a master's or doctoral degree. Review the chart below for standard graduate-level awards. Also review other financial aid resources available through the military as well as other Regent scholarships.
Award by Graduate School
Award Amount and Requirements
|Communication & the Arts||Spouses of active-duty, Reserve, National Guard|| 15% tuition-rate reduction
|Divinity||Spouses of active-duty including active-duty reservists||15% tuition-rate reduction (not to exceed 9 credit hours per fall and spring and 6 credit hours in the summer.)|
|Education||Spouses of active-duty and veterans||25% tuition-rate reduction in the Education graduate program.|
|Business & Leadership||Spouses of active-duty||25% tuition-rate reduction for SBL courses in our graduate and certificate programs
10% tuition-rate reduction for SBL in our doctoral and advanced graduate certificate programs.
|Government||Spouses of active-duty including active-duty reservists||25% tuition-rate reduction|
|Law||Spouses of active-duty||15% tuition-rate reduction. Award based on acceptance in the Law program and not receiving higher university scholarship.|
|Psychology & Counseling||Spouses of active-duty||15% tuition-rate reduction|
- Regent University-based scholarships, discounts and awards cannot be combined. If eligible for more than one award, Regent will award the highest scholarship amount. The two exceptions to this are the Church Match Grant and Carson Scholarship Match.
- Application for Regent University-based scholarships, discounts and awards must be received no later than two weeks prior to the start of a term.
- Admitted students are eligible to apply for Regent University based scholarships, discounts and awards once official notification of acceptance is received.
- Regent College of Arts & Sciences reserves the right to change or alter any scholarship requirements, deadlines or award amounts.
- All Regent University-based scholarships, discounts and awards are issued on a first come-first served basis and are based upon funds available.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)
Spouses of active-duty military and activate National Guard and Reserves may apply for up to $4,000 of financial assistance to help pay for licenses, certifications and education (up to associate's degree) in high-growth, high-demand, portable career fields. As a participating institution, Regent University provides eligibility for students to take advantage of this program. For details, visit the official MyCAA website.
Here's how MyCAA works:
- Visit https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/ to open an account.
- Complete the online application, telling the MyCAA counselor what course(s) you want, how much tuition the courses will cost, when they start and what your career objective is.
- Once approved by MyCAA, submit your Letter of Authorization to Regent University's Business Office, who will bill the Department of Defense directly and deduct from your MyCAA account.