Academic Year 2014-2015 Military Dependent & Spouse Benefits
As a military-friendly school, Regent University recognizes that military spouses are the "heroes at home" who love and support our service men and women defending our precious freedom. We are proud and honored to support the education of our military spouses as a Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) school. All of Regent's eight schools offer a military spouse discount, up to 15%. Please contact your individual school's admissions office for further information.
College of Arts & Sciences (Undergraduate)
Regent University offers military students and their families pursuing an associate's or bachelor's degree in the College of Arts & Sciences significant tuition discounts. Review the chart below to learn more:
|Military Spouse & Dependent Award||On-campus, Full-Semester (16 week) students||Spouses & dependent children of active duty & veteran service members||$1,000 annually, split evenly between fall and spring semesters. Requires full-time enrollment (12+ credit hours per semester) for disbursement. This award is not available during summer semesters.|
|8-week on-campus or online students||Spouses & dependent children of active duty & veteran service members||Receive $250 each semester in which the student enrolls at least half-time (fall, spring, and/or summer). * Flat dollar amount and not "per credit hour"|
Note: All CAS Awardees must maintain Good Academic Standing (GPA = 2.0 or higher) to continue receiving tution discounts.
Regent University offers military students and their families pursuing a master's or doctoral degree significant tuition discounts. Review the chart below to learn more:
Award Amount and Requirements
|Military Spouse Award||Spouses of active-duty, Reserve, National Guard||
15% tuition-rate reduction
* Awards listed are for incoming students starting fall 2014.
- Regent University-based scholarships, discounts and awards cannot be combined. If eligible for more than one award, Regent will award the highest scholarship amount. The two exceptions to this are the Church Match Grant and Carson Scholarship Match.
- Application for Regent University-based scholarships, discounts and awards must be received no later than two weeks prior to the start of a term.
- Admitted students are eligible to apply for Regent University based scholarships, discounts and awards once official notification of acceptance is received.
- Regent College of Arts & Sciences reserves the right to change or alter any scholarship requirements, deadlines or award amounts.
- All Regent University-based scholarships, discounts and awards are issued on a first come-first served basis and are based upon funds available.
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)
Spouses of active-duty military and activate National Guard and Reserves may apply for up to $4,000 of financial assistance to help pay for licenses, certifications and education (up to associate's degree) in high-growth, high-demand, portable career fields. As a participating institution, Regent University provides eligibility for students to take advantage of this program. For details, visit the official MyCAA website.
- Visit https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/default.aspx to open an account.
- Complete the online application, telling the MyCAA counselor what course(s) you want, how much tuition the courses will cost, when they start and what your career objective is.
- Once approved by MyCAA, submit your Letter of Authorization to TAbenefits@regent.edu. Regent University will bill the Department of Defense directly and deduct from your MyCAA account.
- Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society Education Programs
- Fold of Honor Scholarship
- Air Force Aid Society Education Grant
- Coast Guard Mutual Assistance
- Joanne Holbook Patton Military Spouse Scholarship
- AFCEA Scholarship
- Air Force Association Spouse Scholarship
- Non-Commissioned Officers Association (NCOA) Scholarship Grant
- Surface Navy Association
- Protect & Serve Grant
- Thanks USA Scholarships
- Pat Tillman Military Scholars Program
- Fleet Reserve Association