At Regent University, we’re committed to serving you with the same integrity you’ve demonstrated as a faithful defender of our nation. As an active duty service member or veteran (regardless of military branch), you may be eligible to receive Advanced Standing into the following programs based on the rank you achieved in the military.
Master of Business Administration (General Management concentration)
Those who achieved the pay grade of E-7, W-3, O-3 and above are eligible for up to 9 credit hours of Advanced Standing.
M.A. in Organizational Leadership – MAOL (Interdisciplinary studies concentration)
- Those who achieved the pay grade of E-7, W-2, O-2 and above are eligible for up to 6 credit hours of Advanced Standing.
- Those who achieved the pay grade of E-8, W-3, O-3 and above are eligible for up to 9 credit hours of Advanced Standing and will be eligible to have BUS 500 (or its equivalent) waived.
Doctor of Strategic Leadership (Individualized concentration)
- Those who achieved the pay grade of E-7, W-3, O-3 and above are eligible for up to 6 credit hours of Advanced Standing.
- Those who achieve the pay grade of E-9, W-4, O-4 and above are eligible for up to 12 credit hours of Advanced Standing and will be eligible to have BUS 500 (or its equivalent) waived.
Advanced Standing does not imply acceptance into any program.
- Students must begin classes no later than 10 years from the date of separation from active duty.
- Students must have a minimum of 5 years of active duty service in order to be eligible.
- Students must submit a petition to their academic advisor in order to be considered for Advanced Standing. Regent’s School of Business & Leadership will approve or disapprove requests after careful review.
- Student must include appropriate documentation showing military training, promotion history, and dates of service (abbreviated military personnel file – ERB/ORB, ESR/OSR, etc., or DD-214) at the time of petition submission in order to be considered.
- Military Advance Standing can only be awarded for one degree program per student. (For example, if Advanced Standing is awarded for the MBA or MAOL, Advanced Standing may not also be awarded for the DSL).
- Approved credits can only be applied toward concentration courses with Military Advanced Standing programs listed above.
ALIGN YOURSELF WITH EXCELLENCE
Regent has been ranked among Top National Universities by the U.S. News & World Report for two consecutive years (2019 and 2020). We have been recognized by it among the Top 5 Best Graduate Online Business (Non-MBA) Programs in Virginia for six years in a row and among the Top 10 Best Online MBA Programs in Virginia. We pride ourselves in having launched the first online Doctor of Strategic Leadership program, in 2001. Our students are equipped as Christian leaders to change the world.
Regent has also been recognized as a Military Friendly Top 10 School by Military Friendly®, 2020, and among the Top 10 Best for Vets Colleges: Online & Nontraditional by Military Times, 2020. Experience the Regent difference.
MILITARY RESOURCE CENTER
Phone Number: 757.352.4757 | Toll Free: 1.888.638.3573