About the College of Health & Behavioral Sciences
Regent University’s College of Health & Behavioral Sciences exists to help you break into and flourish within the career path of your choice. A cutting-edge integrated program will prepare you to see beyond the obvious and problem-solve to help your patients heal in all aspects.
Studies will prepare you:
- To achieve counseling or psychology licensure with practicums and internships included in our programs
- To level up your nursing career with advanced schooling in leadership concepts
- To define and meet healthcare needs for assorted clientele in your profession
Students of Regent’s College of Health & Behavioral Sciences vary in their reasons for choosing to pursue a career in health. What they share is a desire to serve others and see them prosper in their lives. You will be the one who changes lives for the better. Apply today!
tHE FUTURE OF HEALTH IS HOLISTIC. fULLY INTEGRATED: mIND. bODY. sPIRIT.
The College of Health & Behavioral Sciences was founded with the desire to see more comprehensive healthcare for all. Regent provides you with the community and resources you need to thrive professionally. As an institution dedicated to providing education from a Christian perspective, you’ll learn more than theory in your courses.
The Christian tradition of helping others, encouraging human flourishing, and serving society continues to this day. Christian leadership offers a commitment to seek the highest good for patients, healthcare providers, and other stakeholders in service to God and humanity.
Now, Regent continues to grow and engage in this tradition with the College of Health & Behavioral Sciences, a premier institution offering inter-disciplinary health studies. With inventive biblical integration and our caring, nationally recognized staff, you can trust that Regent will provide you with the support you need to become an impactful Christian leader in nursing, healthcare, psychology, and counseling.
What is holistic CAre?
A holistic approach to healthcare seeks to address and treat illnesses with consideration of mental, social, and physical factors. At Regent, we believe that the treatment of the entire person in mind, body, and spirit is important to God and should therefore be a priority to Christians who practice in healthcare.
The College of Health & Behavior Sciences seeks to instill a mindset in students that expands broader and deeper than what might develop when studying with only physical symptoms in mind. Using modern medicine, advanced practices, and the application of theories with a biblical perspective, students of the College of Health & Behavioral Sciences will be prepared to offer a holistic approach to benefit their patients.
School of Allied Health
The School of Allied Health is a training ground for students to become skilled in their profession and learn to work collaboratively with others. Regent aims to provide training in excellent care and effective management that will allow students to become leaders in their workplace.
- Fully Online
- Study subjects include culture & aging, health promotion for seniors and psycho-social aspects of aging
School of Nursing
The School of Nursing is leading the charge to prepare students to meet the changing demands of the world’s complex healthcare environment, which require the highest level of scientific knowledge and practice expertise to assure quality patient outcomes. Students in the School of Nursing can expect to be prepared to advance into leadership positions after graduation. Education serves as a key to unlock the doors and launch the potential of each individual nurse. Our nurses are supported in the development and pursuit of their purpose within their calling to be a nurse.
The School of Nursing is fully accredited by the CCNE, making it one of the handful of Christian universities with an accredited nursing program.1
- All coursework is fully online
- Study subjects include community and public health strategies, nursing informatics, pathophysiology, and pharmacology for the RN. This degree prepares the registered nurse to further improve patient outcomes. Every student should expect their individuality and professional purpose within the large scope of nursing to be cultivated.
- All coursework fully online with residency
- Study subjects include advanced pharmacology, nursing & healthcare delivery systems, advanced health assessment and advanced physiology & pathophysiology. We are currently enrolling outstanding bachelor’s prepared registered nurses seeking licensure eligibility as either a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) or as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP). The APRN concentrations build skills, knowledge, and develop each student to pursue their calling and individual passions in nursing.
- All coursework fully online
- Study subjects include administrative strategies, quality improvement, healthcare policy, assessment strategies and health systems financial management. This degree prepares nurses to utilize their knowledge, advocacy skills, and individual professional passions to improve the healthcare profession and generate change in the nursing profession.
School of Psychology & Counseling
The School of Psychology & Counseling is providing rigorous instruction to future psychologists, counselors, human service providers, life coaches, researchers, and educators. A Regent degree will prepare students to transform their desires into meaningful careers. At Regent, students experience and practice health theories and treatment approaches with award-winning practitioners and educators.
Regent is one of only a handful of Christian institutions that offer programs accredited by both the American Psychological Association (APA)2 and the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).3
- All coursework fully online
- This 3-Year Doctoral Degree in the Department of Counseling Ministries was created for the professional who desires to enhance their career or enhance their ministry. We offer 10 concentrations to help students transition from a career in counseling to counseling ministries such as Life Coaching, Industrial Organization, Addiction, Marriage and Family, International Studies and more. Students enjoy engaging coursework, field placement experiences, and become published authors of their dissertations.
- On Campus
- APA accredited
- Study subjects include psychotherapies, child psychology, biological bases of behavior, psychopathology, clinical interviewing, and multicultural psychology
- On Campus or Online with Residency
- CACREP accredited
- Study subjects include theories of counseling, treatment planning, counseling & Christian thought, multicultural counseling, and psychopathology
1. The baccalaureate, Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator, and the Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Leadership & Management degree programs at Regent University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
2. The Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association (APA). Contact the APA at Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242 or 202.336.5979.
3. The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), has accredited the following programs in the School of Psychology & Counseling: Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Master of Arts in School Counseling, Master of Arts in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling, and Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision (first fully online CACREP-accredited CES Ph.D. program, celebrating 15 years). Phone: 703.535.5990, Mailing Address: Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, 500 Montgomery Street Suite 350 Alexandria, VA 22314.