Worship & Celebration
"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him." (John 4:23)
In an age where "Praise & Worship" is practically a commercial music subgenre, the cultural clutter that goes along with popularity can easily obscure what it means to be a true worshiper. This lesson will help you consider more carefully what worship is and what it is not. And it will help you understand some deeper rhythms of worship and encourage you to enter them.
- Open the PowerPoint or PDF for this lesson.
- Listen to Dr. Bekker's presentation below, following along on the PowerPoint/PDF.
- Use Neal's video comments (below, left) and "Doing the Stuff handout" to help you process further.
- Please provide your feedback.
- Share your reactions to the lesson and reflections in the Forum box below.
Streams of Living Water by Richard Foster
The Furious Longing of God by Brennan Manning
Secrets of the Secret Place by Bob Sorge
Worship: Adoration and Action by D.A. Carson
Unceasing Worship: Biblical Perspectives on Worship and the Arts by Harold Best
Your feedback is very valuable to us. Please fill out a two-minute survey.