Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Character Education
- Kalyn Mace Guilloux
Current Ed.D. Student
& Doctoral Fellow
"I feel prepared for my future in ways that I couldn't have imagined."
Read Kalyn's Story»
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) is delivered primarily online (along with one-week summer residencies) and is designed to facilitate the learning styles of adults and provide a collaborative community for higher-level thinking and problem solving. The problem-based curriculum, applied dissertation projects, and individually designed concentration allow for a tailor-made program. Undergirding the entire program is critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and learning from a Christian worldview. The capstone project, as with any doctoral program, is the submission and defense of a doctoral dissertation.
Spring & Summer 2015 Cohorts:
Ed.D. cohorts will begin in January and mid-June. A four-day residency will be held July 13-16, 2015 at our Virginia Beach Campus.
Doctorate in Character Education Highlights
Length: 60 credit hours. May be completed in as little as 3 years.
Format: Offered in a cohort model. Students may begin the program in the spring or summer semesters. Courses are offered online with a one-week residency each summer of the program. School division cohorts are also offered in varying formats.
Results: Doctor of Education degree. The Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) is awarded after completion of 30 credit hours. The Doctor of Education degree is awarded after completion of 60 credit hours.
Important Links: Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid | Faculty |Course Schedule
Features: Online coursework, concentration and dissertation advisor, on-campus residencies.
Regent University recognizes the need to provide excellently trained professionals who can teach and lead, not only in K-12 education settings but also at the undergraduate and graduate levels of preparation. Through its online Doctor of Education in Character Education, Regent University has designed a concentration that makes a positive impact on students by specifically focusing upon sound character education theory and up-to-date research in the area of character education. In addition, the Ed.D. in Character Education builds upon and extends the recognized work of the National Character Education Clearing House established at Regent University by the U.S. Department of Education. Participants in Regent University's Ed.D. in Character Education will have at their fingertips the best materials currently available in the field, as well as interaction with faculty who are leading innovative and effective programs on a local, state and national level.
Hot Academic Jobs of the Future
"Ph.D.s and Ed.D.s are in high demand, and will be for some time." - Mark David Milliron
Doctorate in Character Education graduates will be able to:
- Identify, respond to, and lead in important local, national, and global educational issues in a Christ-like manner from informed biblical perspectives.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how key theories inform planning, administration, policy, and professional practice.
- Evaluate educational research from theoretical and methodological perspectives in order to determine its contribution to policy and professional practice.
- Solve problems associated with planning, administration, policy, and professional practice by
- analyzing data;
- synthesizing information; and
- applying critical thinking
- Provide intellectual leadership in producing and communicating action research to significantly impact respective professional spheres of education
- Demonstrate integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior in a Christ-like manner in planning, administration, policy development, problem solving, and professional practice.