Church Matching Grant Program
Regent University is excited to offer the Church Matching Grant Program (Church Match). Regent’s mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world. We believe that one way to fulfill that mission is to partner with churches and ministries, both local and abroad.
Regent University matches your church or ministry’s contribution to your education, dollar-for-dollar, up to $750 per semester. For fall, spring, and summer enrollment, this means you may be eligible to receive $1,500 from Regent University in conjunction with your church or ministry’s gift!
There are a number of criteria involved in receiving this award. They are provided in the list below:
- You must be accepted for admission to Regent University.
- You must enroll in an eligible degree-seeking program.
- You must enroll with full-time status to receive the total matching benefit. Otherwise, the matched grant will be pro-rated. See details below.
- You must be identified as an individual your church or ministry desires to assist financially.
- Church or ministry funds cannot be funded through a gift from the student or the student’s parents/relatives.
- All funds provided by Regent University within this matching program are applicable to tuition expenses only.
- Contributions must be made directly from the Church/Ministry (personal checks and Electronic Fund Transfers (EFTs) are not accepted).
- Exceptions are made on a case by case basis for students receiving support from an international Church/Ministry.
Yes, there is an application for this award. Many of the details above are clarified further; however, the most important information on the application is that it must be completed and signed by your church’s or ministry’s pastor or designated leader. Once signed and completed, the application must be submitted to the university with a check from the church or ministry. Personal checks and Electronic Fund Transfers (EFTs) are not accepted.
For timely processing of this award, please have the application and associated checks submitted according to the following dates:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 1
Church Matching Grant Enrollment Requirements
Enrollment status varies based on your level of study and semester. Visit our Financial Aid Enrollment Requirements website page here for more information. Please note, the Church Matching Grant program defines enrollment status based on billable credit hours and as such the exceptions for culminating experience credit hour requirements do not apply to the Church Matching Grant program.
If you have any questions about this program or the details included in the application form, please contact us at 757.352.4385.