Master of Arts in Church Leadership Degree
Online Degree Overview
The Master of Arts in Church Leadership, offered exclusively online with no on-campus residency requirement, will equip you with a biblical education firmly grounded in organizational leadership required in today's ministry settings. With a focus on motivating teams, strategic thinking, spiritual formation, and corporate and personal ethics, you will be prepared to lead in church, parachurch, missions, and marketplace contexts.
- Learn the role of the leader as an organizational architect as you study key tactics and characteristics of successful leaders throughout history.
- Develop your ability to motivate, coach and mentor your team and to communicate effectively in small and large or formal and informal settings.
- Customize your degree with course topics such as fundraising, managing not-for-profit organizations, ministry administration, pastoral care, servant leadership, and online technologies.
- Understand how to communicate to achieve organizational satisfaction and effectiveness, and explore the value of strategic thinking and planning to overcome resistance to change.
Master's in Church Leadership Highlights
Curriculum: View courses and descriptions.
Length: 33 credits. Full-time students may complete their master's degree in leadership in as little as 12 months. Each course is 8-weeks in length and students may begin the program in August, October, January, March, May, or June.
Format: 100% Online. M.A. in Church Leadership courses are offered as a flexible online graduate degree and were designed using an autonomous learning model. No on-campus residency is required.
Important Links: Faculty | Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid
Features: We offer affordable tuition rates, financial aid and military education benefits.
The Master of Arts in Church Leadership program will prepare you for career opportunities such as executive pastor, faith-based organization management, leadership coaching and not-for-profit marketing and administration.
Master's in Church Leadership graduates will be able to:
- Examine and apply organizational leadership theories.
- Manage organizational behavior and change to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Create leadership development plans for self-awareness and improvement.
- Employ qualitative and quantitative research for organizational analysis and problem solving.
- Facilitate organizational group formation and development.
- Apply coaching, mentoring and discipling skills to organizational leadership.
- Analyze organizational communication and the relationship of communication to organizational satisfaction and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to achieve organizational effectiveness and success.
- Utilize information technologies in the design and leadership of an organization, and identify the driving forces affecting organizations now and in the future.
- Apply organizational leadership knowledge and skills within a global context.
- Lead with integrity grounded in a Judeo-Christian worldview and values system.
The faculty and staff of the School of Business & Leadership value students and want to see you succeed. Throughout the online master's in Church Leadership program and when life challenges arise, we want to provide as much support as possible to help you complete your degree.
Along with your acceptance letter, as a new student you will receive a clear, step-by-step process to assist with enrollment.
New students are assigned an academic faculty advisor to serve as their primary contact for advising issues throughout the program.
Faculty and staff respond to student emails and phone calls within 48 hours.