Master of Arts in Business & Design Management Degree
Online Degree Overview
The Master of Arts in Business & Design Management, offered exclusively online with no on-campus residency requirement, offers you the hands-on product and service development tools used by designers, product managers, entrepreneurs and leaders. Increase your effectiveness and advance your influence in the global marketplace. You will explore business design planning as it relates to technological changes, competition, growth management and strategic thinking – all from a Christian perspective. You will also gain skills in prototyping, innovation, and consumer behavior necessary for innovative start-up companies. Learn how to plan campaigns, market products, generate support and optimize your communication skills to succeed in your career.
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs how to adapt to the ever-changing global marketplace, raise start-up capital and forecast fiscal needs.
- Participate in a culminating Shark Tank-style presentation of your new innovative product, service or idea.
Master's in Business & Design Management Highlights
Curriculum: View courses and descriptions.
Length: 33 credits. Full-time students may complete their master's degree in leadership in as little as 12 months. Each course is 8-weeks in length, with the exception of the final project which is one full semester, and students may begin the program in August, October, January, March, May, or June.
Format: 100% Online. M.A. in Business & Design Management courses are offered as a flexible online graduate degree and were designed using an autonomous learning model. No on-campus residency is required.
Important Links: Faculty | Apply Now | Tuition & Financial Aid
Features: We offer affordable tuition rates, financial aid and military education benefits.
The Master of Arts in Business & Design Management program will prepare you for career opportunities such as a solutions architect, business development manager, engagement manager, strategy manager, product marketing manager and software development manager.
Master's in Business & Design Management graduates will be able to:
- Design business strategies and plans specific to customer/consumer and market needs in global markets.
- Create technology innovation plans based on consumer needs that bring about growth in corporate products, services and ideas that align with innovation theory.
- Develop and recommend preferred human resource systems and plans sensitive to the dynamics of corporate human behavior in different global contexts.
- Use accounting and financial information for decision-making purposes in diverse business settings and situations.
- Develop operations plans and determine appropriate quality improvement strategies for product manufacturing and service delivery in diverse global cultures and environments.
- Construct and present business strategies and plans that meet the funding requirements of the financial investment community for either a new business or a new product/service within an existing company.
In addition to the core course competencies above, our M.A. in Business & Design Management graduates will be able to:
- Apply biblical principles to contemporary business problems.
- Communicate clearly in both written and oral forms.
- Manage ethically in cross-cultural environments.
- Identify problems in an organization and develop values-based solutions.
The faculty and staff of the School of Business & Leadership value students and want to see you succeed. Throughout the online master's program and when life challenges arise, we want to provide as much support as possible to help you complete your degree. This support includes:
- A clear, step-by-step process to assist with enrollment, which will accompany the acceptance letter.
- A military discount for military members and veterans.
- An assigned academic faculty advisor to serve as the student's primary contact for advising issues throughout the program.
- A one-time graduate scholarship may be provided to assist in certain circumstances.
- Faculty and staff who respond to student emails and phone calls within 48 hours.