Ringing in the New Year with Regent University
Every year at Regent University is special, filled with achievement and numerous opportunities to showcase excellence in Christian higher education. This one was no exception.
- Enrollment hit record-breaking heights this year, reaching 11,000 students in Fall semester 2017. In addition, the class of 2017 is university’s largest yet, with 1,921 graduates.
- Regent launched a state-of-the-art cyber range in partnership with Cyberbit, a cybersecurity company. Nearly 170 distinguished guests, including elected officials, were present. The cyber range offers simulation training and platforms for students and local businesses as well as military and professional organizations.
- Regent University’s School of Law celebrated a bar passage rate of 95 percent on Virginia’s July bar exam, higher than any law school in the state.
- Regent’s College of Arts and Sciences retained the American Council of Trustees and Alumni’s A-rating for the fifth consecutive year.
- At Regent’s first-ever pep rally, the “Royals,” the new name for the university’s athletic teams that compete in the NCCAA, was revealed. What’s more, aside from the standing track and field team, additional teams were added to Regent’s programs, including volleyball, soccer, and cross-country.
Regent remains committed to excellence, and these are only a few of the many ways the university continues to champion the message of Christ.
Although the moments of celebration have been unprecedented, the community of dedicated students, staff, and faculty are in continuous prayer for God’s blessing and guidance for not only 2018, but the years to come.