Regent University Women’s Volleyball Team Makes History as 2023 NCCAA South Regional Champions
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (Nov. 14, 2023) – The Regent University Women’s Volleyball team is now the 2023 NCCAA South Regional Champions—beating out the Carolina University Bruins, 25-22.
“This is the outcome you hope for when your team has the talent, the faith, and is willing to put in the work,” said Katelyn Totherow, Head Coach. “I am incredibly proud of what these athletes have accomplished this season—and although this victory is sweet, these ladies are already working hard to prepare themselves for what comes next.”
Before we look towards the future, let’s take a look at why fans are calling this year the Lady Royals’ season of firsts!
- First Winning Season in Seven-Year History
- The team’s current win record is 14-10.
- Most wins previously were five.
- First NCCAA National Ranking
- Ranked #10 nationally on 9/26/2023.
- First NCCAA National Player of the Week Honors
- Nicole Walston was honored on 10/23/2023. https://regentroyals.com/news/2023/10/23/general-walston-named-nccaa-national-offensive-volleyball-player-of-the-week.aspx
- Ella Simone was recognized on 11/6/2023. https://regentroyals.com/news/2023/11/6/general-simone-named-nccaa-national-volleyball-player-of-the-week.aspx
- First Appearance in the NCCAA South Regional Playoffs
- The 2023 season was held in Winston-Salem, NC.
- First NCCAA South Regional Playoffs Win
- Regent vs. Clinton College
- First NCCAA South Regional Championship Appearance
- Regent vs. Carolina University on 9/26/2023.
- Ended in victory!
Next up, the Lady Royals advance to the NCCAA National Championship in Missouri. The volleyball action is set to begin on November 29.
Visit the following link for team details: regentroyals.com/sports/womens-volleyball.
About Regent University
Founded in 1977, Regent University is America’s premier Christian university, with more than 13,000 students studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in more than 150 areas of study including business, communication and the arts, counseling, cybersecurity, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing, healthcare, and psychology. Regent University has been ranked the #1 Best Accredited Online College in the United States (Study.com, 2020), the #1 Safest College Campus in Virginia (YourLocalSecurity, 2021), and the #1 Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia for 11 years in a row (U.S. News & World Report, 2023).