Regent University Will Conduct Commencement Online On May 9, 2020
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (March 17, 2020) – On Saturday, May 9, 2020, Regent University will celebrate its 40th commencement ceremony, welcoming internationally renowned author and speaker Eric Metaxas as the keynote speaker. An estimated 2,200 undergraduate and graduate degrees will be conferred – making the class of 2020 the largest graduating class in the school’s history.
In order to protect the health and well-being of our students and all in attendance, Regent University will move its commencement ceremony and all school-specific commissioning ceremonies to an online format. All ceremonies will be streamed online so that graduates, friends, and families can participate from all over the world.
The decision to conduct these ceremonies online honors guidelines announced by The White House and the Commonwealth of Virginia, and our approach is in line with CDC regulations for social distancing to deter the spread of COVID-19. This decision, while difficult, reflects our steadfast commitment to the safety and well-being of the entire Regent community.
To signify the great joy and significance of graduation, each Regent graduate will receive a complimentary graduation package in the mail containing the full program and other surprises. Additionally, graduates will receive a commemorative 2020 commencement DVD following the event.
WATCH COMMENCEMENT ONLINE ON MAY 9, 2020
- To watch online streaming of commencement on May 9, 2020 at 9:15 a.m. ET, visit: https://www.regent.edu/admin/media/live/?p=commence
- To participate in Facebook Live on May 9, 2020 at 9:15 a.m. ET, visit: facebook.com/regentuniversity
- Use #RegentGrad2020 to tag your photos on social media
WATCH COMMISSIONING ONLINE ON MAY 8, 2020
- Commissioning ceremonies will be streamed online on Friday, May 8, 2020. For more information pertaining to your school-specific commissioning ceremony, visit: https://www.regent.edu/about-regent/regent-university-commencement-information/#tab-commissioning-walking
INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
- All events will be conducted online. Graduates, families, and friends will not need to attend any events on campus.
- Regalia is not required, but graduates who wish to purchase a cap & gown may order them online by April 15, 2020 at shopoakhalli.com
- Graduates who have submitted graduation applications for spring and summer 2020 will hear from the Registrar’s Office to confirm their preferred diploma name by April 7, 2020.
- Graduates will receive their official diploma by mail. Official university diplomas will be mailed to graduates 4-6 weeks after the degree has been officially conferred.
- Commissioning ceremonies will be streamed online on Friday, May 8, 2020. For more information, visit: https://www.regent.edu/about-regent/regent-university-commencement-information/#tab-commissioning-walking
- Check the commencement webpage for regular updates. For more information, visit: https://www.regent.edu/about-regent/regent-university-commencement-information/
We recognize the significant achievements of each graduate, and the entire Regent community is excited to celebrate the Class of 2020!
# # #
ABOUT REGENT UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1977, Regent University has nearly 11,000 students studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in 135+ program areas including business, communication and the arts, cybersecurity and technology, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing and healthcare, and psychology. Currently, Regent University is ranked among top national universities by U.S. News & World Report and is one of only 23 universities nationally to receive an “A” rating for its comprehensive liberal arts core curriculum. In its 2020 “Best Online Programs” rankings, Regent University’s College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) again scored #1 for “Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” among Virginia schools, the eighth year in a row that Regent has earned the top position. The university also earned its 10-year reaffirmation of accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, the highest level that a university can be awarded from that organization.