Regent Law Advances 17 Spots in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law School Rankings
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (May 11, 2023) – Regent University School of Law earned its highest ranking in school history in U.S. News & World Report’s 2023-2024 Best Law Schools Ranking. Today’s newly published list ranks Regent as 125th in the nation—jumping up 17 spots from the previous year.
“Few law schools are rising more rapidly than Regent Law. It’s wonderful to see Regent Law start to get the recognition it deserves. And the best is yet to come,” said Brad Lingo, Dean of Regent Law. “Although our U.S. News ranking and other recent accolades are notable, no rankings can capture what makes Regent Law truly special—our Christ-centered community of students and faculty committed to truth, servant-leadership, and advocacy. At Regent Law, we are serious about the law, serious about our faith, and serious about engaging law and faith together in community.”
The 2023-2024 Best Law Schools Rankings measured 196 law schools that are accredited and fully approved by the American Bar Association. U.S. News & World Report based 75% of the rankings on objective measurements, including employment outcomes, bar passage rates, admissions selectivity, and student-faculty ratio. The remaining 25% of the ranking was based on the votes of law school administrators, faculty, and alumni.
Regent Law’s leap in the U.S. News rankings is part of a broader renaissance taking place at Regent Law. Recent rankings and accolades include:
- Tied 1st in the Nation for Professors: Accessibility by Princeton Review, Best Law Schools, 2023
- 4th in the Nation for Public Policy by preLaw Magazine, 2023
- 9th in the Nation for Moot Court, 2023
- 21st in the Nation for Ultimate Bar Passage Rate, 2023
Click here for more information on the programs and admission process at Regent University’s School of Law.
About Regent Law
Regent Law’s more than 3,300 graduates practice law in 49 states and over 20 countries and include 38 currently sitting judges. The School of Law is currently ranked 28th in the nation for obtaining judicial clerkships and 21st in the nation for Ultimate Bar Passage. The school offers the Juris Doctor (J.D.) in three-year and part-time formats, an online M.A. in Law, an online M.A. in Financial Planning & Law, an on-campus and online LL.M. in Human Rights, an on-campus and online LL.M. in American Legal Studies, and an online B.A. in Law.
About Regent University
Founded in 1977, Regent University is America’s premier Christian university, with more than 13,000 students studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in more than 150 areas of study including business, communication and the arts, counseling, cybersecurity, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing, healthcare, and psychology. Regent University has been ranked the #1 Best Accredited Online College in the United States (Study.com, 2020), the #1 Safest College Campus in Virginia (YourLocalSecurity, 2021), and the #1 Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia for 11 years in a row (U.S. News & World Report, 2023).