Regent University Offers $10,000 Freedom Scholarship to New Students
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (January 18, 2021) – Regent University has created a new $10,000 Freedom Scholarship available to new on-campus, undergraduate students beginning in Fall 2021.
“At Regent University, we are committed to Christ and committed to country,” said Dr. Gerson Moreno-Riaño, executive vice president for Academic Affairs at Regent University. “This new $10,000 Freedom Scholarship underscores our dedication to upholding values of freedom, independence, and virtue. We encourage all new on-campus students to apply for this generous scholarship.”
Regent’s new $10,000 Freedom Scholarship will provide free housing for two years on Regent’s campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia – an award valued at $10,000.
To apply for the $10,000 Freedom Scholarship:
- Apply to Regent University: Visit www.regent.edu/apply
- Write Your 500-Word Essay: All new on-campus undergraduate students are invited to submit a 500-word essay that answers the following question: The Declaration of Independence provides three unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Which of these is most important to you and why? In addition to exercising these rights, are there any duties and obligations you have as an American citizen?
- Submit your Essay here. A committee with review all essay submissions, and up to 10 students per year will be selected to win the $10,000 Freedom Scholarship.
Regent University is one of only 23 universities in the U.S. to receive an “A” rating for its comprehensive liberal arts core curriculum from the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. Regent University was also ranked the #1 best college in Virginia by Best Value Schools.
“Regent is deeply committed to principles of truth, leadership, and freedom,” said associate vice president for Enrollment Management, Heidi Cece. “That’s why we are excited to announce a new $10,000 Freedom Scholarship to support more young people and families whose values align with the life-changing education offered at Regent.”
To learn more about the $10,000 Freedom Scholarship, simply call (888) 718-1222 or visit regent.edu/freedomscholarship.
Founded in 1977, Regent University has more than 11,000 students studying on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and online around the world. The university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees from a Christian perspective in 135+ areas of study including business, communication and the arts, counseling, cybersecurity, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing, healthcare and psychology. Regent University, ranked among top national universities (U.S. News & World Report, 2020), is one of only 23 universities nationally to receive an “A” rating for its comprehensive liberal arts core curriculum.
Terms & Conditions:
- Eligibility: New students admitted by March 15 for an on-campus undergraduate program beginning in Fall 2021.
- Essay: Submit a 500-word essay that answers the following question: The Declaration of Independence provides three unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Which of these is most important to you and why? In addition to exercising these rights, are there any duties and obligations you have as an American citizen?
- Selection: Committee will select up to 10 recipients who will win the $10,000 Freedom Scholarship.
- Award: Scholarship will cover the full cost of housing expenses for the student’s first two years at Regent University ($5,000 each year).