Regent Bound Giveaway
REGENT UNIVERSITY’S 2023-2024 REGENT BOUND GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- ELIGIBILITY. REGENT UNIVERSITY’S REGENT BOUND GIVEAWAY IS ADMINISTERED BY REGENT UNIVERSITY (“REGENT UNIVERSITY” OR “PRESENTER”). “ONLINE SUBMISSION” IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN (“ONLINE SUBMISSION” INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING: ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND REGULATIONS, AND SUCCESSFUL UPLOAD OF PHOTOGRAPH TO THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES. REGENT UNIVERSITY IS THE PRESENTER OF THIS COMPETITION. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE AGES 18 OR OLDER BY JULY 31st, 2024 LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND HAVE BEEN ADMITTED TO REGENT UNIVERSITY FOR FALL 2024. Current Regent University students along with employees and employees’ immediate family (defined as spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children, and grandchildren or household members) of Presenter and any affiliate including but not limited to The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc., (“Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Winner is responsible for state, federal, and local taxes. A current student is someone who is currently enrolled for classes prior to the Regent Bound Giveaway event on July 31st, 2024.
- DISCLAIMER. Presenter, and any of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, trustees, officers, professional advisors, employees, agencies and representatives, will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged entries; (b) any Giveaway disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Presenter; or (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway. BY AGREEING TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, EACH ENTRANT AFFIRMS THAT HE/SHE HAS MET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, AGREES TO THE GENERAL RELEASE BELOW AND RELEASES HIS/HER PHOTOGRAPH TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE BY PRESENTER.
- GIVEAWAY PERIOD. The Giveaway shall commence on October 1st, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), and shall continue until July 31st, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) (‘Giveaway Period’). Complete entries must be received during the Giveaway Period. To enter post a picture of yourself with your official Regent flag using the hashtag #RegentBound on one of your Facebook, Instagram, or X (formerly Twitter) sites. One winning submission will be selected per month by Regent University to receive a $200 bookstore credit.
- Photographs that do not conform to the spirit of the Regent University policies in the sole discretion of Presenter will be disqualified: this includes, but is not limited to, videos that depict bodily harm to human or animal: damage of property, private or public, including theft, tagging or trespassing; offensive language including anything of a sexual nature, whether directly or by innuendo and racial or hateful in speech or portrayal. Content depicting a third party will require express written permission by that third party for consent to be in the photograph. Each Entrant is limited to one qualified, eligible entry.
- PRESENTER OWNERSHIP. From the date the Entrant posts his/her photo for the Regent Bound Giveaway, the following rights shall be exclusive to Regent University: to copy, show, exhibit, advertise, market, exploit, and disseminate the image throughout the universe in perpetuity, via any medium and in any manner whether now known or hereafter invented, including but not limited to print media, video media, internet distribution and any means of digital download. In no manner limiting the foregoing, Regent University shall have the right to use the image and any portion thereof to advertise, promote and publicize Regent University via any medium at Regent University’s sole discretion.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER. All Entrants who meet the eligibility requirements set forth above and submit a valid entry are eligible for the prize drawing. Winners will be selected at random on a monthly basis.
- PRIZE. Winners receive a $200 bookstore credit with Regent University. One winner will be selected each month and announced on Regent University’s Social Media. The Prize has NO cash value, cannot be substituted for a different prize and cannot be transferred to another party. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes, whether federal, state or local, on the Prize. The Winners will have one year from time of award of Prize to enroll and start classes. After one year from award of the Prize, Winners will forfeit the Prize. Odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries Presenter receives. BY AGREEING TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, EACH ENTRANT AFFIRMS THAT HE/SHE HAS MET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, AGREES TO THE GENERAL RELEASE BELOW AND RELEASES HIS/HER IMAGE TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE BY PRESENTER. The Winner affirms that he/she has met all eligibility requirements, agrees to the GENERAL RELEASE below. The Winner will be announced on Regent University Social Media Pages on a monthly basis.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Giveaway, all Entrants release Presenter, and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the ‘Released Parties’) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Presenter and Giveaway Entities, and their respective affiliated companies, employees, directors, agencies, representatives and suppliers, harmless from any claims, suits, losses, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) that arise from the breach of the foregoing terms and conditions.
- MISCELLANEOUS. The Regent Bound Giveaway and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Virginia. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited, any claim made in connection with the Giveaway or any entry shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia, without regard to its conflicts of law rules. All claims shall be brought in the Federal or state courts located within the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia. Entrants agree that such jurisdiction is acceptable to them. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Presenter, which are final and binding in all respects. Presenter reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Giveaway or any Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other similar or dissimilar causes beyond Presenter’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Giveaway or Presenter otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Giveaway as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Giveaway or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Presenter, the Giveaway or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Presenter’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Giveaway. Presenter reserves the right to disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Giveaway. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner grants permission for Presenter and Giveaway Entities, their advertising and promotional agencies, and those acting under their authority to use the Winner’s name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, video, in whole or in part, for business, advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media, now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet without notice, review, approval, additional compensation or time limitation. Entrants further agree that Presenter and Giveaway Entities, their parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, agents and representatives, employees, officers and directors of each, and any other person or entity related in any way to this Giveaway, will have no liability and shall be held harmless by entrant against any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or benefit resulting from or related to the Giveaway. By submitting any entry, entrants also agree that Presenter and Giveaway Entities do not have any obligation to show or use any entry for any purpose. Entrant agrees that Presenter and Giveaway Entities shall have the right to use, assign, edit, modify or dispose of any entry, accompanying materials and any video produced pursuant to this Giveaway and to disclose entrant’s name if entrant is judged the Winner by Presenter. By participating in this Giveaway, entrant agrees to waive any right to claim ambiguity or any deficiency in these Official Rules or the Giveaway, including its administration. This release constitutes a waiver of all rights under the family education rights and privacy act (“FERPA”) with respect to the subject matter hereof and of the materials submitted to the giveaway.
- QUESTIONS. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Giveaway, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to Undergraduate Admissions c/o Regent University, 1000 Regent University Drive, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23464.
- WINNER LIST. Winners will be announced monthly on Regent Social Media platforms.
- GIVEAWAY PRESENTER. The presenter of the Giveaway is Regent University, 1000 Regent University Drive, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23464.
- RULES OF REGENT UNIVERSITY. The Entrants acknowledge that they shall be bound by all the rules and regulations of Regent University. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, violation of the giveaway rules could disqualify an Entrant from admission to Regent University or result in their dismissal from Regent University if admitted.