June 22-23, June 26-27, 2023
Regent’s Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) is designed for traditional-aged freshmen (23 and younger) who plan to study on campus. You can expect an energized, informative, meaningful orientation experience.
You will connect with other students, meet with Academic Advising, and get ready for the fall. Parents are encouraged to attend SOAR as well. If you are a traditional student transferring from another institution plan to attend Welcome Week. Come hungry to learn and connect!
SOAR HIGHLIGHTS FOR STUDENTS
- Connect with other students who will be starting in the fall
- Meet with Academic Advising
- Register for classes
- Request your roommate(s)
SOAR HIGHLIGHTS FOR PARENTS
- Attend special sessions about financial aid, business office policies, residence hall living, campus security, and more
- Gain a better understanding of campus life and culture
- Meet the university’s administrators
- Learn more about the role of the university as well as the changing roles of both students and parents
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
ORIENTATION REGISTRATION OPENS ON MARCH 23, 2023
Students starting in fall 2023 should plan to attend the following on-campus orientations:
FRESHMEN – Summer Orientation Advising & Registration (SOAR) – Our summer orientation, for new students and their parents, is something you won’t want to miss! Mark your calendars one of the following dates of this incredible two-day experience: June 22-23, 2023 or June 26-27, 2023. Registration for this event should open in March.
FRESHMEN AND TRANSFERS – Welcome Week in fall 2023 – Mark your calendars for August 14, 2023. Beginning with move-in Monday, Welcome Week is mandatory for first-time freshmen and transfers 23 and younger. It is a program designed for you and is proven to build your confidence for when you begin classes. Students will connect with friends, student leaders, learn how to navigate classes, and settle in. Registration for this event should open in March.
Contact the orientation staff at 757.352.4511 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
|Onsite Check-in (10:45am-12:45pm)|
|Worship & Welcome|
|Leadership Learning for Life|
|Offices of Student Activities & Leadership Sponsored events|
|Large Group Activities|
|Advising & Registration Sessions|
|Campus Services Fair|
|All offices open – (Advising, Career Services, Financial Aid, Business Office, Counseling & Disability Services)|
Many students and parents find a summer event more convenient. This time is especially dedicated to helping students transition, get class schedules early, request roommates, and learn more about what to expect in the fall.
We highly encourage residential or commuting students (and their parents) to attend. Past participants have found this experience very beneficial. Statistically, students who attend SOAR persist to their second year at a higher rate than students who do not attend.
This year’s event is particularly important as we communicate health and sanitation plans for our on-campus community.
Your registration helps us tremendously in preparing a meaningful experience for you. For the on-campus event, we can ensure we have prepared for you with housing, food, and t-shirts, and plan for staffing and schedule to have the best experience ready for you. For the virtual event, we are able to establish which team you will be on, ensure proper breakout rooms, and plan how many student and staff members are needed to personalize your time with us. Early registration is particularly important for Virtual SOAR so that we can mail your team T-shirt in time to wear it for the event! Please register here.
Yes! Students and/or parents must do the following:
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement Form and pay the Enrollment Deposit
- Set up your login to access the MyRegent system. This is very important. Students received instructions in an email from our IT department. Students should contact the Help Desk at 757.352.4076 for assistance.
- Register for the event. It is very important that we know who is coming! Early registration is particularly important this year, as it will help us get your shirt mailed to you in time for the event! Students should register themselves and their guests here.
- Think of questions to ask. This event is for you! Transitioning to a university experience is both rewarding and challenging. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your experience.
For those attending on campus, you will be provided a team t-shirt for you to wear during the event. We recommend dressing casually with comfortable shoes for this event. For the virtual event, we will be sending t-shirts to those who register by the t-shirt deadline.
Student will have the opportunity to spend a night in our Commons Residence Halls. For parents/guests, you will need to find accommodations for the night of SOAR. Here are a few options nearby:
The Founders Inn
Information about the establishments below is provided for your convenience. Guests considering a stay at the Founders Inn should make reservations at least one month in advance.
- Located on Regent University’s campus.
- Shuttle Service from the airport is available.