The Homeschool Transcript
Many homeschool transcript templates are available online as well as some very good record-keeping options that prepare transcripts for you for a small fee.
The homeschool transcript should:
- List all courses taken and dates completed.
- Have a cumulative GPA calculated on a 4-point scale.
- Include the graduation date only AFTER the student has graduated. Prior to graduation, an “anticipated graduation date” can be listed.
- Be kept in a safe place forever (OK, maybe not forever, but for the life of student).
- Be signed and dated by the “School Principal.”
- Be mailed to the college in a sealed envelope with the principal’s signature over seal.
- Have the school name and address on the outside of the envelope.
Homeschool transcripts will be considered official when:
- The signed transcript is delivered in a sealed envelope with the academic administrators (parent) signature over the seal of the envelope.
- The signed transcript has been emailed directly from the academic administrators (parent) with an email chain/parents signature and explanation to verify that it came from the parent of the applicant.
- The signed transcript has been faxed or emailed directly from the Homeschool administrator/ Guidance Counselor’s office to Enrollment Support Services, Transcript Request Department, or to the Regent Admissions Counselor. It must have a fax cover sheet or email chain to support this, and must be added to the students file.