June 24-25 & June 28-29
Regent’s Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) is designed for traditional-aged freshmen (23 and younger) who plan to study on campus. You can expect an energized, informative, meaningful orientation experience.
You will connect with other students, meet with Academic Advising, and get ready for the fall. Parents are encouraged to attend SOAR as well. If you are a traditional student transferring from another institution plan to attend Welcome Week. Come hungry to learn and connect!
SOAR HIGHLIGHTS FOR STUDENTS
- Connect with other students who will be starting in the fall
- Meet with Academic Advising
- Register for classes
- Request your roommate(s)
SOAR HIGHLIGHTS FOR PARENTS
- Attend special sessions about financial aid, business office policies, residence hall living, campus security, and more
- Gain a better understanding of campus life and culture
- Meet the university’s administrators
- Learn more about the role of the university as well as the changing roles of both students and parents
ORIENTATION REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Students starting in fall 2022 should plan to attend the following on-campus orientations:
FRESHMEN – Summer Orientation Advising & Registration (SOAR) – Our summer orientation, for new students and their parents, is something you won’t want to miss! Mark your calendars one of the following dates of this incredible two-day experience: June 23-24, 2021 or June 27-28, 2022. Registration for this event should open in March.
FRESHMEN AND TRANSFERS – Welcome Week in fall 2022 – Mark your calendars for August 15, 2022. Beginning with move-in Monday, Welcome Week is mandatory for first-time freshmen and transfers 23 and younger. It is a program designed for you and is proven to build your confidence for when you begin classes. Students will connect with friends, student leaders, learn how to navigate classes, and settle in. Registration for this event should open in March.
Contact the orientation staff at 757.352.4511 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Our goal is to provide our students, staff, and faculty with state-of-the-art safety and sanitation measures, which we outline in our Regent Ready: COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. These measures will help ensure the safety and well-being of all who come to campus. If you have any questions regarding these COVID-related measures, please email email@example.com.
Student participants must also adhere to the following protocols. These measures do not apply to guests.
COVID-19 Testing/Vaccination – All students must complete one of the four community health measures before participating in the SOAR event. After you are registered, please submit this form as soon as possible, but no later than June 10, to confirm one of these are or will be in place:
- Proof of Vaccination: If a student submits proof of full COVID vaccination (i.e., a picture/scan of vaccination card bearing student’s name), they will not need to submit a negative COVID test. Please submit the proof of vaccination to this form.
- Proof of positive COVID test within the last three months: If a student has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last three months, they would need to submit the positive COVID result to Student Services. Please submit proof of positive COVID test within the last three months to this form.
- Proof of Negative COVID Test (hometown): If options 1 or 2 are not available, students will need to present a negative COVID test within one week of arrival (please time according for test results to return prior to you beginning travel). Regent prefers PCR test results but will accept a rapid test result. If your testing provider requires a reason for testing, please use this email as proof of requirement. Please submit proof of negative COVID test to this form.
Students who are not able to meet one of the above measures or those who test positive are welcome to attend our virtual event (June 30-July 1), which will include all the SOAR essentials.
Please read the following information carefully. This information involves your ability to participate in SOAR on-campus and applies to all students and guests.
- Pre-Screening Questions – All participants must complete a pre-screening questionnaire before arriving on-campus. We will send this to your student and parent email addresses.
- Protective Face Masks – All participants must wear face masks in while indoors or when within 6ft of another person, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Social Distancing – We have arranged all campus spaces to maintain safe distances from others and signs will mark off restricted areas. In addition, normal pleasantries such as handshaking, hugging, or other close personal contact while on the Regent campus.
Stay Home if You’re Sick – All persons feeling symptoms associated with COVID-19 must avoid coming to campus. COVID-19 symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Difficulty breathing
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If you are sick or experiencing any COVID symptoms, we ask that you remain at home. Any students and parents/guests who are unable to attend SOAR due to illness are welcome to participate in our virtual SOAR (June 30-July 1).
|Onsite Check-in (10:45am-12:45pm)|
|Worship & Welcome|
|Leadership Learning for Life|
|Offices of Student Activities & Leadership Sponsored events|
|Large Group Activities|
|Advising & Registration Sessions|
|Campus Services Fair|
|All offices open – (Advising, Career & Talent Management, Financial Aid, Business Office, Counseling & Disability Services)|
*Note: Students and parents/guests will have time together as well as distinct separate sessions.
|Welcome & Opening||Welcome & Opening|
|Academic Mission and Charge||Academic Mission and Charge|
|Health & Safety Briefing||Health & Safety Briefing|
|Department & Advising Breakouts||Department & Advising Breakouts|
|Team Time||Student Support Sessions|
|Campus Services Fair (optional)||Campus Services Fair (optional)|
|OSAL Activities (6-9 pm, students only)||No Activities Scheduled for Parents|
*Note: Day two of orientation is solely for students.
|Student Life Panel|
|SOAR Team Challenge|
Many students and parents find a summer event more convenient. This time is especially dedicated to helping students transition, get class schedules early, request roommates, and learn more about what to expect in the fall.
We highly encourage residential or commuting students (and their parents) to attend. Past participants have found this experience very beneficial. Statistically, students who attend SOAR persist to their second year at a higher rate than students who do not attend.
This year’s event is particularly important as we communicate health and sanitation plans for our on-campus community.
Your registration helps us tremendously in preparing a meaningful experience for you. For the on-campus event, we can ensure we have prepared for you with housing, food, and t-shirts, and plan for staffing and schedule to have the best experience ready for you. For the virtual event, we are able to establish which team you will be on, ensure proper breakout rooms, and plan how many student and staff members are needed to personalize your time with us. Early registration is particularly important for Virtual SOAR so that we can mail your team T-shirt in time to wear it for the event! Please register here.
Yes! Students and/or parents must do the following:
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement Form and pay the Enrollment Deposit
- Set up your login to access the MyRegent system. This is very important. Students received instructions in an email from our IT department. Students should contact the Help Desk at 757.352.4076 for assistance.
- Register for the event. It is very important that we know who is coming! Early registration is particularly important this year, as it will help us get your shirt mailed to you in time for the event! Students should register themselves and their guests here.
- Think of questions to ask. This event is for you! Transitioning to a university experience is both rewarding and challenging. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your experience.
Don’t worry. Both a few days before, and the day of the event, you will receive an email providing instructions for your participation. We will also post a link at the top of this page for your convenience.
For those attending on campus, you will be provided a team t-shirt for you to wear during the event. We recommend dressing casually with comfortable shoes for this event. For the virtual event, we will be sending t-shirts to those who register by the t-shirt deadline.
You may use your phone, laptop or tablet, whether PC or Mac, just as you would to explore the internet or participate in video conferencing.
Student will have the opportunity to spend a night in our Commons Residence Halls. For parents/guests, you will need to find accommodations for the night of SOAR. Here are a few options nearby:
The Founders Inn
Information about the establishments below is provided for your convenience. Guests considering a stay at the Founders Inn should make reservations at least one month in advance.
- Located on Regent University’s campus.
- Shuttle Service from the airport is available.
Here are the Zoom links for the end of the Day 1 of SOAR, which will be available for about 45 minutes after the closing remarks. Click on the links or copy and paste the meeting ID into Zoom. No passwords required. Feel free to visit as many virtual tables as you like, ask questions, and connect with the folks that will help support your journey!
Housing/Heath Clinic – 964 5104 2733
Office of Student Activities and Leadership – 920 8000 8025
Bookstore/Gift Shop – 967 9252 6579
Career and Talent Management – 978 1930 6380
Student Success Coaching – 969 1589 4001
University Writing Lab – 951 0364 7555
Advising – 972 5711 9189
Financial Aid/Business Office – 958 4168 4854
Theatre – 937 7796 1912
Counseling & Disabilities Services – 924 9699 7316
Campus Ministries – 812 123 1639
Athletics – 947 3294 3570
Psychological Services Center – 928 3203 0423
Student Alumni Ambassadors – 987 3434 6922