June 24-25 & June 28-29
Regent’s Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) is designed for traditional-aged freshmen (23 and younger) who plan to study on campus. You can expect an energized, informative, meaningful orientation experience.
You will connect with other students, meet with Academic Advising, and get ready for the fall. Parents are encouraged to attend SOAR as well. If you are a traditional student transferring from another institution plan to attend Welcome Week. Come hungry to learn and connect!
SOAR HIGHLIGHTS FOR STUDENTS
- Connect with other students who will be starting in the fall
- Meet with Academic Advising
- Register for classes
- Request your roommate(s)
SOAR HIGHLIGHTS FOR PARENTS
- Attend special sessions about financial aid, business office policies, residence hall living, campus security, and more
- Gain a better understanding of campus life and culture
- Meet the university’s administrators
- Learn more about the role of the university as well as the changing roles of both students and parents
ORIENTATION REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Students starting in fall 2021 should plan to attend the following on-campus orientations:
FRESHMEN – Summer Orientation Advising & Registration (SOAR) – Our summer orientation, for new students and their parents, is something you won’t want to miss! Mark your calendars one of the following dates for a fabulous overnight experience: June 24-25, 2021 or June 28-29, 2021. Visit www.regent.edu/soar for more info. Registration for this event should open in March.
FRESHMEN AND TRANSFERS – Welcome Week in fall 2021 – Mark your calendars for August 16, 2021. Beginning with move-in day Monday, Welcome Week is mandatory for first-time freshmen and transfers 23 and younger. It is a program designed for you and is proven to build your confidence for when you begin classes. Students will connect with friends, student leaders, learn how to navigate classes, and settle in. Registration for this event should open in March.
Contact the orientation staff at 757.352.4511 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Virtual SOAR 2020 Schedule* (Check your email for updates and details on the schedule)
*Note: Students and parents/guests will have time together as well as distinct separate sessions.
|Welcome & Opening||Welcome & Opening|
|Academic Mission and Charge||Academic Mission and Charge|
|Health & Safety Briefing||Health & Safety Briefing|
|Department & Advising Breakouts||Department & Advising Breakouts|
|Team Time||Student Support Sessions|
|Campus Services Fair (optional)||Campus Services Fair (optional)|
|OSAL Activities (6-9 pm, students only)||No Activities Scheduled for Parents|
Have an idea for fun activities and sessions? Click HERE to share your thoughts!
*Note: Day two of orientation is solely for students.
|Student Life Panel|
|SOAR Team Challenge|
Many students and parents find a summer event more convenient. This time is especially dedicated to helping students transition, get class schedules early, request roommates, and learn more about what to expect in the fall.
We highly encourage residential or commuting students (and their parents) to attend. Past participants have found this experience very beneficial. Statistically, students who attend SOAR persist to their second year at a higher rate than students who do not attend.
This year’s event is particularly important as we communicate health and sanitation plans for our on-campus community.
Your registration helps us tremendously in preparing a meaningful experience for you. We are able to establish which team you will be on, ensure proper breakout rooms, and plan how many student and staff members are needed to personalize your time with us. Early registration is particularly important this year so that we can mail your team T-shirt in time to wear it for the event!Please register here.
Yes! Students and/or parents must do the following:
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement Form and pay the Enrollment Deposit
- Set up your login to access the MyRegent system. This is very important. Students received instructions in an email from our IT department. Students should contact the Help Desk at 757.352.4076 for assistance.
- Register for the event. It is very important that we know who is coming! Early registration is particularly important this year, as it will help us get your shirt mailed to you in time for the event! Students should register themselves and their guests here.
- Think of questions to ask. This event is for you! Transitioning to a university experience is both rewarding and challenging. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your experience.
Don’t worry. Both a few days before, and the day of the event, you will receive an email providing instructions for your participation. We will also post a link at the top of this page for your convenience.
Those who register by June 10 will receive a team shirt and other goodies in the mail before the event! Be sure to wear it to support your team and show your school spirit! (Hint – there will be prizes.) If you do not receive a team shirt for this event, get creative with our school colors, blue and green.
You may use your phone, laptop or tablet, whether PC or Mac, just as you would to explore the internet or participate in video conferencing.
You will automatically be entered to win one of ten (10) $500 Room Grants toward your first semester in Regent Commons just by fulfilling these requirements:
- Register by June 10, 2020. Please register here.
- Fully participate in the SOAR virtual event
- Review your course schedule and maintain full-time enrollment as you start the Fall semester.
This offer applies to incoming first-year Regent University on-campus undergraduate students who have been accepted and made their enrollment deposit by June 10, 2020. Complete the Enrollment Agreement Form and pay the Enrollment Deposit.