What is SOAR?
Regent's Summer Orientation Advising & Registration (SOAR) is an orientation specifically for first-year traditional-aged students who plan on studying on-campus. Parents are encouraged to attend.
SOAR is an opportunity for students transitioning from high school or home school to get connected with other students, view their potential housing arrangements, meet with their academic advisor, and get ready for the fall. By attending SOAR, students can expect to:
- Enjoy food, fun and fellowship with other students who will be starting in the fall semester
- Preview a night in the Regent Commons residence halls
- Meet with your academic advisor
- Register for classes
- Get your student ID
In addition, SOAR is an opportunity for parents and students to "take care of business." Parents can attend special sessions about financial aid, business office policies, residence hall living, campus security and safety, and much more. Parents will have the opportunity to connect with each other as well as the University's administrative leaders in relaxed environments. Parents attending SOAR can expect to:
- Gain a better understanding of campus life and culture
- Learn more about financial aid and business office processes
- Meet with the University's administrators
- Learn more about the role of the university as well as the changing roles of both students and parents
Learn more about this event by visiting the SOAR FAQs.