BA in English Educational Goals
Upon completing the B.A. in English degree, each student will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the foundational knowledge and skills related to the discipline of English.
- Interpret and explore literature as a reflection of human nature in the light of God's revealed Truth.
- Formulate and reflect on inferences concerning the good, the true, and the beautiful through the study of writing and literature.
- Explore and evaluate both historical and contemporary culture through a biblically-grounded interpretation of literature.
- Demonstrate mastery in effective writing as a means of contributing to God's kingdom and transforming culture.
- Apply the discipline of English and a complementary discipline to service to God and the world.