Requesting the addition of the Administration & Supervision pre-K Endorsement

Below are the steps for requesting the addition of the Administration and Supervision preK-12 endorsement to the current Virginia professional teaching license for Educational Leadership (M.Ed.), Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) and K-12 Leadership (Ed.D.) program completers. (Out-of-state students see note below.*)

  1. Contact your employing Virginia school division to determine their process for initiating an upgrade to your license. Every school division functions a little different in their procedure.
  2. Submit official Regent University transcript (with degree posted) to your employing school division. If you have already submitted a graduation application, then the registrar’s office will automatically mail a complimentary transcript upon degree certification. The transcript will be mailed to the address that we currently have on file for you. (Please verify your address in Genisys to ensure that we have your most current information.) You can use this transcript to submit to your school division for this upgrade. If by chance you need additional transcripts, you may request an official transcript through the following website:  Please confirm that your degree has been cleared before requesting a transcript. It may not be usable if you request this too early. The best scenario is to wait for your transcript that comes from the registrar’s office upon degree certification.
    **Graduation Note: If you have not already submitted the graduation application, please submit using the following website: This application is necessary to begin the process of degree certification—whether or not you intend participate in the May ceremonies.
  3. Submit the appropriate fee to your employing school division to: a) have the endorsement added to your license, and b) to upgrade the degree level on the license from a Collegiate Professional (bachelor’s) to a Postgraduate Professional (master’s, specialist, doctoral). A money order or check should be made payable to the Treasurer of Virginia. The fee is $25 for each process, so a total of $50 if you are adding the endorsement AND advancing the degree level. You may verify the appropriate fee with your employing school division.
  4. Submit the College Verification Form in which you (the student) complete Part I, and Parts II and III will be completed by the institution’s Certification/Licensure Official (Kenyetta Veal). The verification form can be accessed from within the following application: You can mail or fax the form with your portion completed (Part I only) to the attention of:

Kenyetta L. Veal
School of Education at Regent University
1000 Regent University Drive – ADM 266
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
FAX: 757-352-4147

The College Verification Form will be returned to your attention. Once you receive the completed form, submit it to your employing school division. NOTE: Some school divisions may automatically send the College Verification Form directly to the institution’s Certification/Licensure Official (Kenyetta Veal) attention after you've began the upgrading process with them. In this case, it will be completed and returned to their attention.

  1. Submit a copy of your School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) scores to your employing school division.

**As a reminder, please remember to list Regent University as a score recipient when registering to take the SLLA with Educational Testing Services (, so that we receive your official score report. Our school code with ETS is #5135. Listing Regent University as a score recipient during the time of registering for the test prevents you from having to pay an additional fee if you make the request to ETS at a later time. The University requires an official score report from ETS and not an unofficial copy.

*Note: If you are a student in the program with an out-of-state license, please contact your employing school division in that state to verify their state’s procedures. Most states have an institutional verification form similar to Virginia’s College Verification Form. You may have this form sent to the attention of Kenyetta Veal and it will be completed for you once you have successfully completed the program and your degree has been certified.
Should you have any further questions about this process, please contact the designated certification/licensure official, Kenyetta L. Veal at, 757-352-4873 or 888-713-1595.