Master of Arts in Communication - Strategic Communication
Below are the admission requirements for your degree program. Your application to the graduate School of Communication & the Arts will be complete when you have submitted all of the following items:
- Admission application - Apply Now
- $50 nonrefundable fee to activate application
- Official transcripts that represent all college credits you have ever received (even if credits were transferred into another institution)
- Personal goals statement
- Faculty recommendation
- General recommendation
- Current résumé
- Official test results (within the last five years) from the GRE or MAT sent directly to Enrollment Support Services (ESS)
- Interview with admissions counselor in person or by phone
- A discipline-specific original essay (see details below)
Your original essay should be at least 700 words (Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced). Be sure to justify your response with sound reasoning and references (MLA or APA stylebook preferred). Submit electronically to an admissions counselor at email@example.com.
Identify three current trends that portend an important role in how we communicate with our audiences. Choose and identify a particular perspective for your analysis, such as: education, media (content or delivery), business, law, marketing, etc.
All applicants, regardless of desired program, must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent degree from a foreign university. Official transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities and official GRE or MAT test scores must be sent directly to the university's Enrollment Support Services (ESS) Office. The address is:
Enrollment Support Services
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
All other admissions materials should be emailed to the School of Communication & the Arts Admissions Office. Address emails to “Admissions Committee” at firstname.lastname@example.org.