Graduation 2013 Important Information
Commencement ceremonies for 2013 will take place Saturday, May 4, 2013.
Take note of the following steps to prepare for participation in graduation:
- Fulfill your degree/certificate requirements.
- Check with your academic advisor to see if your Approved Degree Program (ADP) is complete.
- Submit your Graduation Application to the Registrar's Office.
Deadline dates to submit graduation applications are as follows:
September 15 for fall graduation
December 1 for spring and summer graduation
A $25 late fee will be assessed on all first time applications submitted past the deadline.
Certificate applications are accepted year round. Students who are not approved to graduate for either the degree or certificate in the semester stated on the application must file another application in a subsequent semester.
- Pay the appropriate graduation fee in the Business Office or online via Genisys. This fee is assessed only one time per degree/certificate earned. The fee applies regardless of when all graduation requirements are completed.
- $70 - Law, Ed.S. and all Doctorate
- $60 - All Other Degrees
- $30 - Certificates
- Order regalia. Graduates must wear the standard regalia from Oak Hall. The Oak Hall website is no longer open for regalia orders. For approved graduates who did not order online, regalia will be available for purchase during the regular regalia distribution dates and times. Payment for regalia may be made by check (made out to Oak Hall) or cash. You may also order announcements, rings, and other graduation related items online from Herff Jones . Contact the Regent Bookstore for information on ordering diploma frames.
- RSVP for participation in commencement and commissioning.
The RSVP deadline has passed and students are no longer able to RSVP for Commencement 2013 via Genisys. To RSVP, please complete the RSVP Form and send it to the Registrar's Office ASAP.
You must RSVP for your commissioning service separately. Commissioning dates and times are determined by the individual schools.
- Pick up your regalia. Regalia must be picked up on campus at the Student Center. (Regalia cannot be mailed out on an individual basis.) You must present a picture ID to pick up your regalia. Regalia will only be released to someone other than the graduate if the graduate has submitted prior written consent to the Registrar's Office.
Pick-up dates, times, and locations are as follows:
Wednesday, May 1, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Fountain View Room, Regent Ordinary
Thursday, May 2, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Fountain View Room, Regent Ordinary
Friday, May 3, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Fountain View Room, Regent Ordinary
Regalia may also be picked up the morning of commencement, beginning at 8:00 a.m. in SC 235; however, you are strongly encouraged to pick up your regalia in advance.
- Attend Commissioning and Commencement.
Commencement 2013 will be held on the Regent University campus in Virginia Beach on Saturday, May 4, 2013. This website will be updated as details become available.
Prospective graduates should regularly check their Regent email account in 2013 for email communications regarding Commencement. Please be sure that you have migrated your Regent email account to Regent Apps .
Flowers will be available for purchase on site at Commencement through the Regent Undergraduate Council. If you wish to pre-order your flowers and reserve your graduates favorite color, please click here . Questions can be directed to Spencer Saunders.
Each school will conduct individual commissioning activities prior to Commencement.