Graduation 2016 Important Information
Commencement ceremonies for 2016 will take place Saturday, May 7, 2016.
Take note of the following steps to prepare for participation in graduation:
- Fulfill your degree/certificate requirements.
- Check with your academic advisor to see if your Approved Degree Program (ADP) is complete.
- Submit your Graduation Application to the Registrar's Office.
Deadline dates to submit graduation applications are as follows:
September 15 for fall graduation
December 1 for spring and summer graduation
A $25 late fee will be assessed on all first time applications submitted past the deadline.
Certificate applications are accepted year round. Students who are not approved to graduate for either the degree or certificate in the semester stated on the application must file another application in a subsequent semester.
- Pay the appropriate graduation fee in the Business Office or online via Genisys. This fee is assessed only one time per degree/certificate earned. The fee applies regardless of when all graduation requirements are completed.
- $70 - JD, LL.M., Ed.S. and all Doctorate
- $60 - All Other Degrees
- $30 - Certificates
Complete Student Loan Exit Counseling. Federal regulations state that students who have borrowed federal student loans (Stafford, PLUS, Perkins) are required to participate in a Student Loan Exit Interview. Complete your Student Loan Exit Counseling .
If you have questions, please contact Central Financial Aid at 757.352.4125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Order regalia. All graduates must purchase and wear regalia from Oak Hall . Regalia orders will be accepted until Friday, April 8, 2016.
You may also order announcements, rings, diploma frames and other graduation related items online from Herff Jones .
- RSVP for participation in commencement and commissioning.
The Registrar's Office will accept RSVPs for Commencement 2016 via Genisys until Friday, April 15. To RSVP for Commencement:
- Login to Genisys, and select "Student."
- Click "Commencement RSVP."
- If you have applied to graduate in Fall 2015, Spring 2016, or Summer 2016, you will be directed to the May 2016 Commencement RSVP page. If you have not applied, you will not be permitted to RSVP.
- Select "Yes" if you plan to participate in the Commencement (only) on Saturday, May 7, 2016. Select "No if you will not participate in the Saturday Commencement.
- Hit the Submit button to send your response to the Registrar’s Office.
You must RSVP for your commissioning service separately. Commissioning dates and times are determined by the individual schools.
- Pick up your regalia. Regalia must be picked up on campus at the Student Center. (Regalia cannot be mailed out on an individual basis.) You must present a picture ID to pick up your regalia. Regalia will only be released to someone other than the graduate if the graduate has submitted prior written consent to the Registrar's Office. Emailed consent must be sent from the graduate's Regent email account.
Pick-up dates, times, and location are as follows:
Tuesday, May 3, 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., Fountain View Room, Regent Ordinary
Wednesday, May 4, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Fountain View Room, Regent Ordinary
Thursday, May 5, 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Fountain View Room, Regent Ordinary
Friday, May 6, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Fountain View Room, Regent Ordinary
Regalia may also be picked up the morning of Commencement, beginning at 8:00 a.m.; however, you are strongly encouraged to pick up your regalia in advance.
- Attend Commissioning and Commencement.
Commencement 2016 will be held on the Regent University campus in Virginia Beach on Saturday, May 7, 2016. The processional begins promptly at 9:15 a.m., so make sure you arrive to line up no later than 8:15 a.m. (fully dressed in your regalia, including hood and cap). Graduate line-up takes place on the sidewalk between the Administration Building and the Library. Report directly to your row assignment (given to you with your regalia). Graduates may not carry handbags or other personal items, banners, placards, etc. A small camera is permissible. Be aware that you will not return to your original seat after crossing the stage.
Prospective graduates should regularly check their Regent email account in 2016 for email communications regarding Commencement. Please be sure that you have migrated your Regent email account to Regent Apps .
All graduates will have their pictures taken at Commencement with the opportunity to view and purchase images following the ceremony. Grad Images will be taking your picture as you cross the stage and before you return to your seat.
Each school will conduct individual commissioning activities prior to Commencement.