"And pray in the Spirit at all times with all kinds of prayers and requests." (Ephesians 6:18)
Most people are familiar with the lyrics by Percy Sledge "When a man loves a woman, he can't keep his mind on nothin' else…" The heart in love returns endlessly to focus on the beloved. When the Holy Spirit enters your heart, He brings you into relationship with Love Himself. In this lesson, learn to allow simple prayers like a "breath prayer" to cultivate the focus of your heart and mind on God. You'll find direction, encouragement and renewed confidence that you can be intimately connected to God and that prayer can become the natural language of your preoccupation.
- Open the PowerPoint or PDF for this lesson.
- Listen to Dr. Bekker's presentation below, following along on the PowerPoint/PDF.
- Use Neal's video comments (below, left) and "Doing the Stuff handout" to help you process further.
- Please provide your feedback.
- Share your reactions to the lesson and reflections in the Forum box below.
Prayer by Richard Foster
Practice the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
Spiritual Writings of Madame Guyon (1648-1717 AD)
Your feedback is very valuable to us. Please fill out a two-minute survey.