Silence, Solitude & Meditation
"Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10a)
When you try to relax, does your mind race a mile a minute? We live in a complex and clamoring world that fractures our attention and our hearts. So how can we truly be still? This presentation explains how to gather your attention, tune into God's (continual) presence, and listen to Him.
- Open the PowerPoint or PDF for this lesson.
- Listen to Dr. Bekker's presentation below, following along on the PowerPoint/PDF.
- Use Neal's video comments (below, left) and "Doing the Stuff handout" to help you process further.
- Please provide your feedback.
- Share your reactions to the lesson and reflections in the Forum box below.
The Life You Always Wanted by John Ortberg (chapters on simplicity, silence, meditation)
Margin by Richard Swenson
Listening Prayer by Leanne Payne
Sayings of Light and Love by John of the Cross (1542-1591 AD)
New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
Souvenirs of Solitude: Finding Rest in Abba's Embrace by Brennan Manning
Your feedback is very valuable to us. Please fill out a two-minute survey.