Biblical and Theological Studies Educational Goals
Goals of the major are to provide students:
- An ability to explore a biblical text from several perspectives including historical, cultural, contextual, literary and theological.
- An understanding of important developments in Christian history.
- An understanding of major topics of Christian thought from diverse theological perspectives.
- An ability to access credible research resources in order to understand and explore complex religious issues as they relate to the study of Christian scripture and theology.
- An ability to consider and evaluate the practical implications of biblical and/or theological concepts.