Online Writing Sample
Writing samples for our master's and doctoral level applicants are collected and evaluated using the ETS Criterion Service. Your writing sample will be scored on basic composition structure, proper grammar and style so please plan to submit your essay accordingly.
Please submit your writing sample using the directions below.
- Start at the following webpage: http://criterion.ets.org.
- Click “Create User Account”.
- Be sure to use the same spelling of your name as you provided on your admissions application.
- Access Code for Ph.D. in CES Applicants: RVR3 - 57HZ
- Access Code for Psy.D. Applicants: NY36 - 2K8K
- Access Code for MA Applicants: BZY6 - XFEM
- "SPC – PhD in CES” if you are applying for the CES program.
- "SPC - PsyD" if you are applying for the PsyD program.
- "SPC - Masters Programs" if you are applying for one of our MA programs.
***The font used by ETS is different than that used by word. Some functions, such as the Tab, are disabled. If a function is disabled just continue with your essay. Do not try to compensate for the disabled function or your essay will be marked with errors by ETS (i.e.: do not press the space bar 5 times for a Tab, just don’t Tab).***