Imagery of Regent people and campus

Military Spouses

As a military-supportive school, Regent University recognizes that military spouses are the "heroes at home" who love and support our service men and women defending our precious freedom. We are proud and honored to support the education of our military spouses as a Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) school. All of Regent's eight schools offer a military spouse discount, up to 25%. Please contact your individual school's admissions office for details.

Other financial aid resources and a list of financial aid for military spouses.


MyCAA Program Overview

Spouses of active-duty military and activate National Guard and Reserves may apply for up to $4,000 of financial assistance to help pay for licenses, certifications and education (up to associate's degree) in high-growth, high-demand, portable career fields. As a participating institution, Regent University provides eligibility for students to take advantage of this program. For details, visit the official MyCAA website.

Here's how MyCAA works:

  • Visit to open an account.
  • Complete the online application, telling the MyCAA counselor what course(s) you want, how much tuition the courses will cost, when they start and what your career objective is.
  • Once approved by MyCAA, submit your Letter of Authorization to Regent University's Business Office, who will bill the Department of Defense directly and deduct from your MyCAA account.

See what students are saying about MyCAA benefits.


Transfer of Post-911 GI-Bill® Benefits to Dependents (TEB)

For the first time in history, service members enrolled in the Post-9/11 GI Bill® program will be able to transfer unused educational benefits to their spouses or children starting Aug. 1, 2009.

Official DoD TEB website


Any member of the Armed Forces (active duty or Selective Reserve, office or enlisted) on or after August 1, 2009, who is eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, and:

  • Has at least 6 years of service in the Armed Forces on the date of election and agrees to serve 4 additional years in the Armed Forces from the date of election.
  • Is or becomes retirement eligible during the period from August 1, 2009, through August 1, 2013.

Eligible Dependents

An individual approved to transfer an entitlement to educational assistance under this section may transfer the individual's entitlement to:

  • The individual's spouse
  • One or more of the individual's children
  • Any combination of spouse and child.

For details on any of these benefits and discounts, please contact the respective school or the Military and Veterans Affairs Office.

"GI Bill®" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

back to top

Share |