Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the mission of the Career Resource Center (CRC)?
- What resources are available through the CRC?
- Will the CRC staff find me a job?
- Are CRC services available to online and other distant students?
- What should I expect during my first CRC appointment?
- How much does it cost?
- Where is the CRC located?
- When is the CRC open?
- How do I schedule an appointment for a CRC consultation and/or other CRC services?
- Who are the CRC staff?
What is the mission of the CRC?
The mission of the CRC is to facilitate student career decision-making towards an optimal work-environment fit through an integrated process of assessment, consultation, and values clarification from a Christian worldview.
- Career consultations provide an opportunity for you to discuss your career goals and values, and provide you with valuable information in achieving an optimal work- environment fit.
- Career assessments provide you with information regarding your personality type and the work settings/occupations that suit you best.
Will the CRC staff find me a job?
Job placement is not the mission of the CRC. However, the CRC staff is committed to providing you with as many available resources and information as possible to facilitate your career decision. Each of the schools at Regent has a Career Center equipped to assist with job placement.
Are CRC services available to online and other distant students?
Online and other distant students are encouraged to make a telephone appointment for career consultation, although not all of the assessment services are available. The CRC staff members are committed to helping in all possible ways via Internet and other means.
What should I expect during my first CRC appointment?
Your first appointment with a CRC staff member typically will consist of basic information exchange and a discussion about what your current situation is and what it is you hope to accomplish. Career consultations are client-directed.
When is the CRC open?
CRC business hours are Monday through Friday during normal school hours and some additional evening hours. The CRC is closed during all school holidays. CRC services are available by appointment only.
How do I schedule an appointment for a CRC consultation and/or other CRC services?
Appointments for career consultation and/or assessments can be made with the receptionist at the Student Services office, 757.352.4932; or by calling Regent's Psychological Services Center, 757.352.4488.