Mobile Teaching & Learning
Please download and read these easy tips for making your course more mobile friendly.
- Information Technology's RU Apps
Regent Apps is a suite of collaboration and communication applications powered by Google that incorporates email, calendar, documents and social networking.
- Mobile Teaching Versus Mobile Learning
Article by Rochelle Rodrigo on Educause Review Online.
- Best Practices for Mobile-Friendly Courses
This seven-page document gives an excellent summary of best practices for Mobile Learning.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Mobile Application Development
White Paper available via Educause.
- Mobile Learning Portal at the University of Texas at Austin
The site is designed to be a central point of access to the wide range of research, projects, and other resources related to the use of mobile technologies in learning environments. As it continues to grow and expand, the portal will address issues of interest to researchers, practitioners, and educational leaders.
- Google Apps for Education Training Center
This is an online learning environment dedicated for educators and students to learn how to effectively use Google Apps in an educational context.
- The My Mobile Handbook
Guidelines and scenarios for mobile learning in adult education.
- New technologies, new pedagogies: Mobile learning in higher education
This ebook explores the use of mobile devices in learning in higher education, and to provide examples of good pedagogy. The book is available for download in its entirety or by chapter. Chapter 13: Design principles for mobile learning may be particularly useful.
- Learning in Hand with Mobile Technology
View this archived presentation by Judy Brown from the 28th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning.
- Find more articles on mobile learning.
- Thomas Cochrane and Roger Bateman (2010) Smartphones give you wings: Pedagogical affordances of mobile Web 2.0. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 26(10). (Note: This was an Outstanding Paper Award recipient, ascilite Auckland 2009 Conference).
- Traxler, John (2011). Context in a Wider Context, Medienpaedagogik, Zeitschrift fur Theorie und Praxis der Medienbildung. The Special Issue entitled Mobile Learning in Widening Contexts: Concepts and Cases (ed.) N. Pachler, B. Bachmair & J. Cook, Vol. 19
- Traxler, John (2007, June). Defining, discussing and evaluating mobile learning: The moving finger writes and having writ... International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning. 8(2). Retrieved on June 25, 2010, from http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/346/875 or http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/346/882 or http://wlv.academia.edu/JohnTraxler/Papers/95201/Current-State-of-Mobile-Learning
(Note: More from same issue: http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/issue/view/29)
- John Traxler: http://wlv.academia.edu/JohnTraxler). Learning in a Mobile Age, International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 1(1), 1-12, January-March 2009. Available: http://wlv.academia.edu/JohnTraxler/Papers/83099/Learning-in-a-Mobile-Age,