Regent University Accolades, Admissions & Campus Facts
*pré-cis (n.) \prā-ˈsē, ˈ prā-(ˌ)sē\ : a concise summary of essential points, statements or facts
- 2009: The Online Education Database (OEDb) ranked Regent University 2nd of 41 accredited national undergraduate institutions based on eight objective criteria: acceptance rate, financial aid, graduation rate, peer web citations, retention rate, scholarly citations, student-faculty ratio and years accredited.
- Since 2006, Regent has retained an online-learning student retention rate of greater than 80 percent.
- Regent welcomes iTunesU, the newest addition to the university's technology. As part of the top universities and colleges using this technology, it can deliver a broad range of portable audio, video and documents to students, faculty, staff, alumni and the public.
- Blackboard, Inc. presented Regent's own Tracy Stewart, vice president of IT, with the Greenhouse Award for her design of an online e-learning web course.
- Internship Program expanded to include a partnership with The Washington Center to offer an exceptional opportunity to work with professionals in a variety of areas within governmental, non-profit, corporate and international organizations.
- In 2008 four Associate of Arts degrees were added: A.A. in Business, A.A. in Christian Studies, A.A. in Psychology and A.A. in General Studies.
- $2.5 million+ is awarded in scholarships and grants annually.
- 8 weeks is the completion length of each course (offering two eight-week sessions per semester).
- $12,115 is the average tuition per year.
- 2 classroom options are offered: on-campus and online learning.
- All can apply for financial aid (FAFSA—Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- All can apply and register for classes conveniently online.
- Regent is fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools + additional certification.
- Awards include: Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Arts and/or Science degree.
- Degree programs include Business, Communication & the Arts, Government, Interdisciplinary Studies, Language & Literature, Organizational Leadership & Management, Psychology, and Religious Studies.
- International Study Abroad programs in England and France are provided.
- Early college opportunities exist for the advanced high school and/or home-schooled student.
- Graduation ceremonies at Regent are a special event held in May for both on-campus and online students together.
Leadership to Know
Regent University Faculty
- 95 full-time and part-time faculty
- 1:5 faculty to student ratio
- 88 percent of full-time faculty hold terminal or doctoral degrees
Regent University Students
- 49 states and 28 countries are represented in the student body of Regent's College of Arts & Sciences.
- 4,400+ students attend Regent with 27.5 percent enrolled in undergraduate studies.
- 34 denominations are represented in Regent's student body. The university is not affiliated with one particular denomination.
Virginia Beach Campus
- What's in the name "Regent University"? A "regent" is defined as one who represents a king in his absence. For Regent University, a regent is one who represents Christ, our Sovereign, in whatever sphere of life he or she may be called to serve Him. Thus, Regent University's motto is Christian Leadership to Change the World.
- The campus is comprised of 70 acres of immaculately maintained grounds that complement the Georgian architecture of its buildings, which are historic in design yet incorporate the latest educational technology.
- Regent's University Library is comprised of 283,830 traditional books along with 68,185 electronic books, 50,690 electronic journals, 1,260 periodical subscriptions, and more.
- Regent is located in Virginia Beach, just 16 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, with an approximate population of 1.6 million residents in the metropolitan area called Hampton Road.
- The nearest source of java: 5 minutes or less to Starbucks coffee, brewed fresh in The Regent Ordinary.
- New campus housing is provided for undergraduate students: Regent Commons opened in fall 2007 and consists of 205 fully furnished on-campus apartments. Amenities include high-speed wireless Internet access, a fitness center and security system.
- Regent possesses a world-renowned graduate school.
*Source defined by: Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary