Military Students Information
Active-Duty, Reservists, Guardsmen and Veterans
When you enroll at Regent University you'll be earning a degree from one of the nation's premier Christian universities. Regent offers you a quality education and access to financial resources that allow you to fully benefit from your service to our country.
- Regent University is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Consortium (SOC).
- Regent University is SOCNAV -approved to award bachelor degrees in Communication, Psychology, and Religious Studies. This provides Navy students and their adult family members with opportunities to complete college degrees without suffering loss of academic credit due to changes of duty station.
- We are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Regent awards generous tuition discounts ($250 per semester credit hour) to active-duty military personnel and active reservists. When combined with Military Tuition Assistance ($250 per semester credit hour), you pay $0 in tuition expenses!
- Regent awards tuition discounts to veterans also. The veteran discount reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour.
- Military discounts may also be available to your spouse and dependent children.
- Recipients of the active-duty, veteran/retires, or Military spouse/dependent child discounts also receive a Regent bookstore credit ($200 per semester).
- Regent accepts VA benefits. We are proud and privileged to participate in the Post-9/11 GI Bill's Yellow Ribbon Program, which allows private universities to enter voluntary agreements with the V.A. to share the cost of tuition and fees that exceeds the tuition benefit cap ($17,500.00 per academic year). The Yellow Ribbon award is payable only to:
- Veterans who are at the 100% benefit level
- Child dependents using a transferred benefit of a veteran or active duty service member at the 100% benefit level
- Spouse dependents using a transferred benefit of a veteran at the 100% benefit level
- We will evaluate your military experience and apply any college credit you may have earned directly toward your degree.
- Regent welcomes MyCAA students. The Armed Forces have a new program, Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA). Spouses of active duty military and activated National Guard and Reserves may apply for up to $4,000 of financial assistance to help pay for licenses, certifications, and associate's degrees in high growth, high demand, portable career fields. It's as simple as visiting "MyCAA" and completing the application. Once approved, Regent's Business Office will make the third-party payment.
Military Students: Fast-track to Graduation!
- Classes are completed in just eight weeks.
- We offer two, eight-week sessions per semester, as well as some 16-week session classes.
- Many of our degrees are available 100% online. You may also enroll in our on-campus programs or a blended program with both on-campus and online courses.
- Register for your classes online.
- Prior to enrolling, Regent will evaluate both your military and prior-college transcripts to determine which credits will apply toward your degree.
- Regent accepts up to 90 transfer credits toward your bachelor's degree.