A.A. in Information Systems Educational Goals
The IST Major at Regent University has the following goals as student learning outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline and within the context of a Biblical worldview.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution and to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs, leading to the delivery and management of information systems within a specific application environment.
- An understanding of Biblical worldview, of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities, and an ability to contribute to society by modeling ethical, responsible and Christianly behavior.
- An ability to communicate effectively, in oral and written forms, with a range of audiences, and function effectively on teams, assuming a variety of roles in teams of diverse membership to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems, and to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- An ability to identify and manage information assurance and security risks, and integrate appropriate mitigation strategies in the administration and management of computing, communication, and organizational systems.
- A demonstrated professionalism in their work and ability to grow professionally through continued learning and involvement in professional activities.