Craig A. Stern
Professor and Executive Director of the Center for Global Justice, Human Rights, and the Rule of Law
SSRN Author Page
In the News
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., cum laude, Yale University
- Professor, Regent University School of Law, 2001-present; Associate Professor 1996-2001; Assistant Professor, 1990-96; Adjunct Professor, 1988-90
- Special Assistant United States Attorney, Eastern District of Virginia, Norfolk, Va., 1989-90
- Special Counsel and Director of Publications, Constitutional Law Center, 1985
- Associate Editor, BENCHMARK, Center for Judicial Studies, Washington, D.C. and Cumberland, Va., 1983-85
- Counsel to the Subcommittee on Separation of Powers, U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 1981-83
- Assistant Deputy Director, Legal and Administrative Agencies Group, Office of the President-elect Ronald Reagan, 1980-81
- Associate Attorney, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Kampelman, 1978-81
- Admitted: Virginia, District of Columbia
Federal Courts, Conflict of Laws, Jurisprudence, Criminal Law
Books and Monographs
Church, State, and Education: A Federal Circuit Manual (1985).
Judging the Judges: The First Two Years of the Reagan Bench (1985).
Select Journal Articles and Notes
The Heart of Mens Rea and the Insanity of Psychopaths, 42 Cap. U. L. Rev. 619 (2014).
The Founders on: “Does the Constitution Work?” 5 Akron J. Const. L. & Poly 1 (2013-14).
Another Sign from Hein: Does the Generalized Grievance Fail a Constitutional or a Prudential Test of Federal Standing to Sue?, 12 Lewis & Clark L. Rev. 1169 (2008).
The Coherence of Natural Inalienable Rights, 76 UMKC L. Rev. 939 (2008) (co-authored with Gregory M. Jones).
The Common Law and the Religious Foundations of the Rule of Law Before Casey, 38 U. S. F. L. Rev. 499 (2004).
Article III and Expanding the Power of the United States Court of Federal Claims, 71 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 818 (2003).
Torah and Murder: The Cities of Refuge and Anglo-American Law, 35 Val. U. L. Rev. 461 (2001).
Crime, Moral Luck, and the Sermon on the Mount, 48 Cath. U. L. Rev. 801 (1999).
Justinian: Lieutenant of Christ, Legislator for Christendom, 11 Regent U. L. Rev. 151 (1998).
What's a Constitution Among Friends? Unbalancing Article III, 146 U. Pa. L. Rev. 1043 (1998).
Things Not Nice: An Essay on Civil Government, 8 Regent U. L. Rev. 1 (1997).
Foreign Judgments and the Freedom of Speech: Look Who's Talking, 60 Brook L. Rev. 999 (1994).