Kathleen A. Mckee
Director, Civil Practice Clinic
- LL.M. (Labor Law), Georgetown University Law Center.
- J.D., Columbus School of Law, Catholic University, Washington, D.C.
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany.
- Associate Professor of Clinical Studies, Regent School of Law, 1998-present.
- Managing Attorney, Tidewater Legal Aid Society, Virginia Beach, VA, 1993-99.
- Executive Director, Lumbee River Legal Services, Pembroke, NC, 1988-93.
- Managing Attorney, Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Manassas, VA, 1987-88.
- Sole Practitioner, Washington, D.C., 1987.
- Associate, Miller, Balis and O'Neil, P.C., Washington, D.C., 1985-86.
- Attorney, Food Research and Action Center, Washington, D.C., 1980-85.
- Senior Attorney, Community Services Admin., Office of General Counsel, Washington, D.C., 1977-80.
- Attorney, Indian Claims Commission, Washington, D.C., 1976-77.
- Task Force Analyst, American Indian Policy Review Commission, Washington, D.C., 1975-76.
- Program Specialist, USOE/Office of Indian Education, Washington, D.C., 1974-75.
- Education Specialist, Institute for the Development of Indian Law, Washington, D.C., 1973-74.
- Language Arts, Federal City College/School of Nursing, Washington, D.C., 1972-73.
- Research Analyst, Olympus Research Corporation, Washington, D.C., 1971-72.
- Instructor, Federal City College/Dept. of English Studies, Washington, D.C., 1970-71.
- Instructor, Dean's Staff, Department of English, Dean of Student's Office, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, 1969-70.
- Instructor, Central Technical High School, Department of English, Syracuse, NY, 1968-69.
- Admitted to practice before the Federal Bar for the Fourth Circuit and the District of Columbia and the Eastern District of North Carolina. Licensed in Virginia, District of Columbia, North Carolina and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Certified General and Family Mediator in Virginia.
|Public Interest Law||Family Mediation|
Journal Articles and Notes
Work Requirements in the Food Stamp Program, 18 Clearinghouse Rev. 1389 (April 1985).
Questions Raised by States' Treatment of Jointly Held Bank Accounts in the Food Stamp Program, 18 Clearinghouse Rev. 737 (Nov. 1984).
Privacy Considerations Raised By Verification In The Child Nutrition Programs: An Update, 18 Clearinghouse Rev. 512 (Oct. 1984).
Job Search, Work Registration and Workfare: Barriers to Participation In The Food Stamp Program, 17 Clearinghouse Rev. 743 (Nov. 1983).
A Compilation and Analysis of Selected Workfare Statutes, A Research Project on Workfare (Research Institute on Legal Assistance of the Legal Services Corporation 1982).
Overview of Federal Programs in Indian Education: United States Office of Education, Report on Indian Education: Final Report to the American Indian Policy Review Commission (U.S. Government Printing Office 1976).
Special Studies: Education Needs and Problems of Non-Federally Recognized Tribes, Report on Indian Education: Final Report to the American Indian Policy Review Commission (U.S. Government Printing Office 1976).
Selected Training Activities
June, 2004 Trainer for Community Mediation Center on Virginia Judicial System and Screening for Domestic Violence for Trainees seeking state certification.
Nov., 1998 Presenter on Tenants' Rights at Department of Housing training for landlords
Sept., 1998 Presenter on legal aid services for Mental Health support group for parents
Feb., 1998 Presenter on employment issues ay "My Sister's Love" Conference.
June, 1998 Mediation training on Domestic Violence for Dispute Settlement Center
Feb., 1996 Presenter on section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 for the Dept. of Education staff at Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters.
May, 1995 Presenter for Comprehensive Mental Health Program for parents of adult disabled children.
Nov., 1994 Trainer for Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation Resident's Day.
Nov., 1994 Panelist on Domestic violence program presented by public television station WHRO.
Sept., 1993 Comprehensive Mental Health: MR/DD Staff Development Training on Health Care Directives, Powers of Attorney and Wills.
October, 1993 Southeastern Chapter and Tidewater Chapter of Critical Care Nurses: Training on Nurses in
October, 1993 Fair Housing and Home Affordability Conference: Presenter on Fair Housing and related issues.
November, 1993 Presenter on Americans With Disabilities Act For Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, Sickle Cell Support Group.