Ph.D. in Communication
Below are the admission requirements for your degree program. Your application to the graduate School of Communication & the Arts will be complete when you have submitted all of the following items:
- Admission application - Apply Now
- $50 nonrefundable fee to activate application
- Official transcripts that represent all college credits you have ever received (even if credits were transferred into another institution)
- Two (2) Faculty recommendations (preferably from professors in your master's study program)
- Current résumé or vitae outlining your academic experience
- Personal goals statement
- Official test results (within the last five years) from the GRE sent directly to Enrollment Support Services (ESS)
- Interview with faculty
- A discipline-specific original essay (see details below)
Your original essay should be at least 1000 words (Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced). Submit electronically to an admissions counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identify, discuss and assess current trends in the field of communication and the arts that are important for the development of our social and spiritual environments. In addressing this question, you should reference scholars and writers in the field who contribute to our understanding of the challenges we face in this area. Be sure to justify your response with sound reasoning and references (APA stylebook preferred).
All applicants, regardless of desired program, must possess a master's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent degree from a foreign university. Official transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities and official GRE test scores must be sent directly to the university's Enrollment Support Services (ESS) Office. The address is:
Enrollment Support Services
1000 Regent University Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
All other admissions materials should be emailed to the School of Communication & the Arts Admissions Office. Address emails to “Admissions Committee” at email@example.com.