Emilyn Cabanda, Ph.D.
Dr. Emilyn Cabanda joined Regent University in 2008 as Associate Professor of Operations. Prior to her appointment at the School of Business & Leadership, from 2002 to 2008 she served as Professorial Lecturer in the Graduate School of the Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines. She also received the Japan International and Cooperation Center (JICE) fellowship and served as visiting professor at International Christian University (2007) in Tokyo, Japan and in the International Graduate School of Social Sciences at Yokohama National University (2006), Japan. She also worked as a researcher in Australia (1999-2002).
A native of the Philippines, Dr. Cabanda is a product of global education, having earned her degrees on three continents. As recipient of the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, she obtained her Doctor of Philosophy in Business and Economics at Monash University in Australia (2002). In 1991-1992, she held a Fulbright-Hays Scholarship while studying for her Master of Arts at Baylor University in Texas. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts at Central Philippine University, Philippines (1989).
Throughout her 10 years of academic employment, Dr. Cabanda has published two academic books: (a) Privatisation and Performance of Asian Telecommunications: Japan, Malaysia, and the Philippines. Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing AG& Co., 2010. (b) Performance Management: Application of Data Envelopment Analysis in the Philippine Setting. Manila, Philippines: University of Santo Tomas Publishing House, 2008. She also published book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed scholarly journals such as International Transactions in Operational Research, Information & Management, Journal of the Operational Research Society,Central European Journal of Operations Research, International Journal of Financial Services Management, International Journal of Banking and Finance, and ASEAN Economic Bulletin.
Dr. Cabanda has been a conference chair and speaker in operations research and management sciences areas for professional organizations and universities in Australia, France, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, USA, Malaysia, Japan, and Philippines.
- Research/Creative Works and International Publication Awards 2004-2006 Silver Award, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines, 2008
- Japan International and Cooperation Center Fellowship, 2007
- Outstanding Performance in Research Mentoring and Internationalization Activities, Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, The Graduate School, Manila, 2007
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, sponsored by the Australian Department of Training and Youth Affairs (DEETYA) and Monash University Graduate Scholarship, 1998-2001
- Honorable Mention in the Esterline Prize Competition (best paper award), Asian Studies on Pacific Coast (ASPAC) Conference, Monterey, San Francisco, 2001
- National Visiting Scholarship, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 1999
- Monash Abroad Asia Fieldwork Grant of Monash University, 2000
- Monash University Travel Grant conducted in the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, 2001
- Monash Postgraduate Publications Award, 2001-2002
- Fulbright-Hays Scholarship, 1991-1992
- Fulbright Professional Enhancement Grant, Washington, DC, 1992
- Fulbright Regional Travel Grants, 1992
- Editorial Member, Research Papers in Economics (RePEc), Munich Personal Research Archive, Munich University Library, Germany
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Current Research in Global Business
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal Academic Conference Proceedings
- Reviewer, Strategic Outsourcing: an International Journal (Emerald)
- Reviewer, International Transactions in Operational Research (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Reviewer, Annals of Operations Research (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Reviewer, International Journal of Technological Governance
- Reviewer, 33rd International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces, Cavtat/Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2011.
- Reviewer, Academy of International Business 2011 Annual Meeting, Nagoya, Japan
- Reviewer, Academy of International Business 2010 Annual Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Reviewer, Academy of International Business 2009 Annual Meeting, San Diego, California
- Member, Scientific Committee, Terengganu International Business and Economics Conference, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
- Book Reviewer, Asian Studies of Routledge, London, UK
- Performance management and evaluation of profit and non-profit sectors
- Operations research and management science
- Information communication technology (ICT) and digital divide
- Efficiency, technological and productivity growth
- Data Envelopment Analysis and Stochastic Frontier Analysis